University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

That’s what I’m guessing.

1 Like

Hey all, not sure if this information helps anyone but, I called the admissions office to ask whether or not LSA students in the last wave of decisions would have the opportunity to apply to the honors program, which has an application deadline of April 6th. They answered by saying “You will have plenty of time to apply for the honors program.” So this means that there will be another wave of decisions before April 6th at the latest. If they continue with their pattern of releasing decisions on Friday, then that means the latest decision day could be April 2nd.

2 Likes

to me, “plenty of time” sounds sooner than later, so I’m thinking 3/26 is a very good bet for final decisions.

2 Likes

What did they mean by saying “very selective” and why were there very few acceptances last Friday?

1 Like

Actually the Honors app deadline is April 12th.

This is great to hear! Thank you so much for sharing this I really appreciate it! Still keeping my fingers crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

He would not elaborate but I will assume it means this - Michigan accepted kids who they needed little info from, and they had a predetermined plan to accept these students if they satisfied whatever info they needed. Perhaps, students on the fence who only needed good mid year grades to get in, or students who they needed another LOR from (that happened last year at my school). Another interpretation is what some people have been speculating - legacy. I’m not one to point fingers at who was admitted, but based on what people shared in this thread and other threads, a good amount of accepted students from Friday shared that they were legacy. I could be missing another factor, but that is what guidance shared with me and how I interpreted it. Any other thoughts?

2 Likes

Yes

Congrats on your scholarship!

Do you mind explaining which one it was? Was it Shipman? Did it have any other name or details? That seems a lot in a pure merit award for anything other than Shipman, and I’m also wondering if that means all the merit awards are announced or if some are still coming.

2 Likes

Are you talking to me? Yeah it was called the “University of Michigan Grant.” Also for people wondering I’m not a legacy… I think it was cause I had straight A’s for my mid-year grades that they let me in.

1 Like

https://finaid.umich.edu/types-aid/grants/need-based-grants

Michigan grant is based on financial need and other criteria. Nothing wrong with that cause a grant =free money.

Free money is good money :money_mouth_face::moneybag:

2 Likes

did everyone get the email sent out about a residential fall semester?

1 Like

Yes, the question was to you, and I really appreciate your taking the time to reply. It’s helpful to some of us to know when the non-need vs. need based award decisions are made. Congratulations on your UM grant!

3 Likes

What about the 1600’s who bleed maze and blue . . .

This process is teaching us all a lot about trying to stay centered and believe that there are processes in place that may be hard to understand in live time, but that nevertheless produce good results for the majority …

sigh*

2 Likes

Texas …

On the much repeated subject of all the perfect scores out there (parhaps to the tune of "To All The Girls I’ve Loved Before since . . . Texas) . . .

A 1600 or 36 likely puts a kid in a group of between five hundred and something certainly less than a thousand students out of perhaps two million test takers in 2020.

Schools obviously use different metrics to make their decsions, but I believe this to be the truth about test scores.

1 Like

Hey so admissions said decisions are planning on being released the first week of April which sucks because it means waiting longer for those who were deferred EA but just relaying the message

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! where did you see this?

1 Like

They always say that. That is their standard answer to the question “when are results coming out”… Just saying… Maybe their right but I would look closer at the 26th with more to follow that next week… But I could be wrong also.

3 Likes

Is there a theory that because a Ross wave is coming out at 5pm this Friday that possibly a wave of postponements /regular decisions would be coming out this Friday as well?

The expected date of 03/26 is based on the theory that they would release before the next round of Ross results and not with 3/19. So that the admitted students on 3/26 can be considered for next round of Ross in April.

2 Likes