University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

How much time in advance does UMich announce that they’re taking out decisions on X day?? Like Stanford gave a week, GTech told 2 weeks in advance and so on.

1 Like

As a fellow applicant, you guys read into things too much. I would be surprised if UMich decisions come out before Jan 29. Especially bc someone in this thread mentioned that they called and the admission counselor said they will most likely release the last week of Jan. Fellow seniors, focus on your current classes and decisions will come before you know it. Good luck to all!

5 Likes

Lol :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:… Bro your cracking me up… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No not at all

There was about 8 regions actually. Just forgot which ones off-hand.

I can pretty much guarantee that Purdue comes out today though… Lol

My son completed CSS profile. Didn’t get any invite to interview.

If you get deferred do they ask everyone for their first semester grades or only some?

1 Like

Some…

1 Like

My older son is a Freshman at Umich and my younger one is applying. So 2 things…

1. Yes, you will need to send grades and write a short essay to be considered after a deferral in EA. I have not heard of any exceptions

2. My freshman did not do an interview and still got in.

Good luck to all.

3 Likes

To quote Checkov from 2009’s Star Trek movie, “minutes.” :smiley:

Seriously, they’ve, in the past, made an announcement on Twitter a few hours beforehand, but not always. And again, this year is WAY different than any other year.

For whatever reason, UMich always seems like the most mysterious university around admissions. UVA is way better.

In past years, there have been two deferral letters that have gone out to applicants. If you look in threads from past years, you’ll see posts asking which is each one means and then it’s “reading the tea leaves.”

One letter states (paraphrasing) “don’t send us anything, we have everything necessary to make a final decision.” And there’s a 2nd deferral letter, which states they’ll want 1st semester grades and any updates, like awards.

Again, the caveat is that this year is an anomaly, since EA decisions have been delayed about 5 weeks-ish.

Agree. If deferred, they require mid year grades. With the numbers that get deferred, no one is helping themselves by not providing their grades.

Also, I thought I read that now they have a uniform form they’re using for deferrals for LOCI basically.

ETA: Yes there is a process and form they want you to use. Knew I had seen something. Figures they call it “postponement” like some other schools to be more “elitist”. Annoying but here it is: Postponed Applicants FAQ | University of Michigan Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Everyone. UM is January 29. Not before.

1 Like

In follow up to this, they either didn’t update the dates on this page, or it is well before Jan 31, because this states all deferral info is due by Feb 1, so kind of impossible if notification is on Jan 31, or even Jan 29. My bet is they forgot to update this page.

who on earth is giving the information that its coming out today? Also whats the umich discord

1 Like

I’m not going to doubt this poster. :smiley:

1 Like

sushiritto, are you affiliated with Umich? I was looking at old threads from years past and saw you posting on them haha! I’m obsessively checking stuff cuz I just wanna get in so bad (like everyone else)

1 Like

Last few years there were several that got accepted without sending grades… They were told not to. One deferral letter said to and one said not to or something like that. But Michigan does expect great grades in Senior year so no slacking

No affiliation. D18 attends and loves it. I’m trying to get D21 to apply RD to UMich, but at this point, it’s like hitting my head against a wall. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Could you share the link where you found this?