University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Will everyone of those not-accepted applicants got a link to activate/accept the waitlist offer?

Oh you’re right, I just read that. Thank you.

no, some people will just be fully rejected with no offer on the waitlist.

1 Like

Ann Arbor is pretty far from Detroit and I have always felt 100% safe in Ann Arbor. It’s not like it borders Detroit and you can walk from a bad neighborhood in Detroit to Ann Arbor. It’s about 45 minutes away driving. My husband grew up in a suburb of Detroit, and it is very nice, very upscale.

got it, thx!

It’s amazing or weird, having family that went there and living here in the SF Bay Area, how many folks do not know that UC Berkeley is just “Cal” here in CA. I mean, it’s on their football helmets and all their merchandise. :grinning:

1 Like

Does anyone know if you get off the waitlist, do you have to go? i accepted the waitlist at several schools.

accepted OOS!!

3 Likes

I still don’t know if I am accepted by UMich, sooooooo I guess I just have to wait

1 Like

No, you don’t have to go, if you’re picked.

2 Likes

no. you don’t have to. you can if you want, but you can reject their offer of acceptance.

My son was waitlisted last year and he sent another LOCI (in addition to the one he sent when he was initially deferred) just to make certain they knew that UMich was still his #1 choice. He got in. I don’t know if that helped or was just coincidence.

4 Likes

Maybe i’ll do it anyway, it can’t hurt. The worst they’ll do is throw it out.

Accepting a spot on the waitlist is not binding. If they offer you admission later you can still turn them down.

Another thing about waitlists at any university is that the FA for those admitted can be little to nonexistent. Plus the universities may give you only a few days to decide. Please keep this in mind for UM or any other waitlists that you agree to join.

And yes, it completely sucks. This is going to continue through the summer for too many people.

heyyyy just here to say go green

D Accepted COE OOS

3 Likes

Same here. Hugs from another frustrated mom. What a stressful process and time.

1 Like

stats? Legacy?

Any legacy OOS kids here who were rejected? I’m curious - all that I have heard is accepted or waitlisted.