University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

@DrSkelton My husband was at Michigan getting his MBA when I was at UF for graduate school during the the murders in the ‘90s. Ann Arbor hands down is a safe place.

Reads like a rejection until the last paragraph. Risk the double check. Two clicks thereafter to get on the waitlist.

2 Likes

both my parents are alumnis and i got rejected. they only care about students with ‘sad’ life stories apparently

1 Like

I got rejected. OOS (international) Kinesiology.

Yes, legacy out of state with two siblings currently attending and excellent credentials rejected today.

1 Like

Does your source know any knowledge on when the earliest I could get a decision after being waitlisted? Or do you possibly know from prior years?

Last year it was super early. I wouldn’t bet on that again but again who knows. But with the dramatic increase of applications I just don’t see that as a viable option. Get excited about your next steps. If you want to stay on then stay on.

They could theoretically go to their waitlist in mid-to-late April, depending on yield, but I’d plan to wait until 5/1 at a minimum.

Ya, she’s excited. She committed last week, even though there were a couple decisions still remaining.

Michigan and Cal Poly have many things in common: big-time sports culture, beautiful old buildings and when someone sees you wearing any Cal Poly gear, they’ll yell at you GO GREEN! Kidding! :laughing:

None of that exists at SLO. But it’s a cute college town right near the beach on the California Coast with great hiking trails.

Did you know one of the astronauts at the Space Station is a graduate of SLO?

2 Likes

was waitlisted with lower stats than their average for out of state — not too upset about it! hoping everyone else who is on the waitlist gets off/ends up at a school they enjoy!!

1 Like

Got accepted OOS. Acceptance letter didn’t mention anything about merit scholarship. Does that mean I didn’t receive anything? Don’t think I can afford it with out any scholarships.

My son got in on April 23 from waitlist last year.

2 Likes

Call the scholarship department. It usually comes out a bit later.

Yeah, last year was the earliest I ever saw them go to the wait list. Congrats on that. The theory is wait list at some schools will be deep. Just have to wait and see.

Sushirito/Knowsstuff & others -

Sometime poster, long time reader here - our forever constantly Michigan sweatshirt wearing S was admitted to LSA today. Tears of joy, screams of happiness. Fade to black. And . . . cut.

Thanks very much for the kind words and support all along & Go Blue!

15 Likes

Congrats!!!

They are opening the stadium for graduation but the ceremony is still virtual… Hmmm.
But that’s great news for possible games in the fall.

Go Blue!

1 Like

Congrats!

What is that supposed to mean?

1 Like

Here in NY, Cal is known as Berkeley.

Dont be bitter about it. Not everyone gets accepted.

1 Like