University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Yes, I too would love to know if any OOS LSA student got merit aid other than the Stamps scholarship (one person on these threads reported getting that a few weeks ago). It was all supposed to be out no later than 3/31, so I guess that means my kid got nothing, but I’m surprised that no one else is reporting getting anything.

1 Like

That’s the vibe i want. Definitely consider transfer if didn’t make it this year.

imagining ao read over our commitment and be like "dang we want these two wholesome umich fans to get in " XD it would never hurt to dream haha

Haha, luckily I didn’t get into UMich so I’ll prob go there!

There was a drop in our income and our is like 30k with 2 students in college but we only make around 60k and have to pay 20k for my brother in college

1 Like

wait u got in umich? can i switch my cuse to ur umich? just kidding haha. but congrats umich is really my top1

Definitely call financial aid then and see what you can do

It looks like the deadline has been extended to apply for merit scholarships (until 4/30), as well as when applicants might be notified:

“The Four-Year Renewable Scholarship Application for the 2021-2022 academic year will open February 1 and close on April 30. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis in mid to late April, so the sooner a student applies, the better their chances of receiving a scholarship.”

1 Like

Too many turnovers, bad FTs, and Franz not playing well at all (he looked like Ignatz Brazdeikis last night and that is not a compliment). Johns reverted to his usual inconsistent self.

Then you have Juzang! playing lights out. They will need a team full of Juzangs! to beat Gonzaga.

We’ll see who sticks around for next year. Almost all of the Belein recruited folks will be gone except Johns. UM Washington DC alumni club has a Zoom fundraiser with Coach Howard in 2 weeks, so hope he gives more details on his plans for next year. He deserves all the accolades for his performance, and I hope he stays for a long time.

Now the other Coach H. at Michigan, don’t get me started. . . .

3 Likes

This article paints a picture that Brooks, Smith and even possibly Brown could be back next year. At least no one has come out yet and said “I’m gone.”

Ignatz. Geez, good pull on that name.

Even with the all around poor game, they had three good looks at the basket in like the last 11 seconds. So, bummed. And the UCLA dads (2) in our neighborhood group are “killing” me today.

Re-tooled coaching staff and a great recruiting class coming in. I predict a great year. I have a soft spot for Harbs. I met him with his kids in a toy store locally, when he coached at Stanford. He seemed like a nice normal guy.

I bring up Iggy because I began to see too much of him in Franz as the season went by. Iggy really wanted to go pro as his season went by, and you could see it in his play (he used to make the “money sign” after his baskets). Now he is in the G-League. Franz could get drafted and join Mo in the NBA, but he could just as easily end up like Iggy.

Brown’s gone. He’s helped his stock with the pros.

Smith would be interesting. Who wouldn’t want a free master’s degree from UM? He’s not going to get work in the NBA.

I hope Brooks stays, too. But I can see him trying his luck with the NBA, although he’s not likely to get as much interest.

Livers I can see as a solid pro, more potential than Poole. Good head on his shoulders, too.

Just saying; if I were the head of ao, at this time I’ll hire a bunch of umich undergrads and pay them by hour to give the applicants I want, like those on top of the current pool or waitlist, a check-in call to see if they commit. You can tell in one minute whether these kids are serious fans or not.

i wish u were the real ao here haha remember me when you become one lols. my name is Best L. Y’all and could you please place my name somewhere on top of that list. thanks

Lmaoooo, yeah I was shocked cause I thought I’d get into Cuse and rejected from umich

This site is a tiny microcosm of the real applicant world. If you want to know then call the scholarship /financial aid department. They should have some insight for you. Getting pure merit that is not financial aid is extremely tough at Michigan. Not many of those are given out.

that is exactly how random college app is ehhhhh
but congrats on umich it is great accomplishment.

2 Likes

Do we send in a LOCI if we were waitlisted at Michigan

If anyone had to choose something negative/not so great at UMich, College of Engineering for a premed student what would it be?
We have heard that it’s extremely hard to maintain a high GPA and for med school closer to 4.0 is desired.

Anyone got decisions for LSA honors yet? Apparently it comes out today

2 Likes