University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Withdraw button has gone. Our decisions will come soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I got waitlisted

Read and do this.

Your asking different questions but if you want to do premed don’t do engineering. That is a very hard way to keep a high GPA. Michigan like any school at this caliber is a very tough school. But last night my son was part of the thousands of kids at the honors convocation. For engineering companies want you really above a 3.0 some might have higher cut offs like 3.5… It’s a top rated school for these fields for a reason. You will definitely work at Michigan but they have every resource to make your child successful.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. My kid is planning on doing Biomedical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering at UMich is like 50% part of Medical School, so that’s why they want to pursue it.

To add to this medical schools want a 3.7 or higher. Engineering think avg is like 3.1…think some are lower. But for honors convocation you need some semesters at 3.5 and above…

Here is the thing… Your first year at Michigan like everyone takes their courses together. Math, English, physics etc… So if he’s in Engineering then stay there. Take the class’s and see how he does. Some of the starter classes are your known weeder classes. If he makes it through those then he should be fine. He will meet his advisor to help
Many attempt Biomedical engineering with the idea of med school. Much easier roads to get there.

Also many kids get to the midterm of physics and drop out of engineering and medical school dreams. You know your student.

1 Like

Ha… Read just what I wrote… Lol… Again it’s a rigorous school and my son graduating next month would have it no other way… :blush:… It’s the work hard /play hard mentality…

1 Like

She got a 20k scholarship from College of Engineering as on OOS, so that makes it our top choice though she would love to go to USC or UCs but they didn’t give us any money.
What do you feel about AP credits? Like she did AP BC Calc, AP Physics C among other APs. Will she have to take the weeder Physics class?
She is a work hard but play hard type of kid. Like she won’t work on Friday and Saturday nights. Sports is big for her.

1 Like

are decisions out today?
I just got an email from michigan that there is a status update

3 Likes

yes good luck

Congratulations on your son’s graduation! Proud moment.

1 Like

I got mine

did they release admission stats for this year ??

Good luck

That’s awesome!! Sorry… She… Lol…
Well many go to games and still make it to the library… Lol… But she will find her way. Have her look into SWE https://www.swe.engin.umich.edu/

Think they have awesome seats for the football games… My son’s graduating in Industrial and its been a great school with many opportunities. If you want it then go get it.

1 Like

waitlisted. oh well. I will most likely commit to Berkeley and then stay on the waitlists of UCLA and UMich. I am not 100% sure that I prefer them over Berkeley, tho. But waitlists won’t hurt or anything.

She can talk to her advisor which she will during orientation but you can call before to get advisement on the AP classes.

1 Like

If you don’t want to go to either UCLA or UMich, please don’t accept waitlist as you will anyway go to Berkeley but it will take a spot of the person who actually wants to go to one of these schools.

2 Likes

Will do so! Thank you, might bother you will pms at some point in time.

Wishing the best for those waitlisted tomorrow. Really hope to hear good news.