University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

i second this, you do not have to accept or decline until may 1st, so u can make a decision later about whether u want to stay at umich and ucla waitlists as these two are my top choices and so many people choose umich and ucla as their top choices and get waitlists instead. congrats on cal, it is amazing! however, uninterested waitlist will cost extra work for admission officers and decreasing the possibilities for people who actually want to commit to their top choices. @MonicaMaria however, you can drop the waitlist once you decided on cal.

1 Like

I did not say that I do not want to go there. I said that I am still thinking about it. I already accepted UCLA offer of waitlist and even wrote an entire essay. I may choose UCLA over Berkeley (as many other students).
However, I am still thinking about UMich.

Sorry, I misinterpreted your comment.

Can you further explain this comment?

Please pm me. No problem. It’s an amazing school and if you need convincing… It’s still funny to me how many people from California want to come to Michigan. I would rather be in California… Lol. Grass is always greener, I guess.

1 Like

I’m waitlisted

This is not really a true statement. Regardless when anyone decides and is taken off the wait list really doesn’t affect you per se. If it’s today or May 1st it just opens up that 1 spot. So it’s not like anyone is taking someone else’s spot. After May 1st. Most of the schools will know their attendance and go to the wait list after that time “if” they have spots to fill. Anyone has the right to wait to May 1st (that’s why they set this date), if they need that time to decide. People have all types of reasons to wait. No one should feel pressured. Just saying…

1 Like

We are from MA!

Michigan has literally waitlisted or accepted everyone

I was accepted today . GO BLUE!

2 Likes

What major

She will have to take some placement tests and then she’ll sit down with advisor along with her AP scores and discuss whether she’s able to place out of freshman classes or not.

However, those freshman courses lay a much better foundation for higher level courses than the HS versions. She could struggle later without the benefit of the lower level courses. OTOH, those lower level courses can be very hard like Calc 2 (BC).

As for Friday and Saturday nights being off, good luck with that. I have no idea what her major will be, but often my D will have a test from 4-6 PM on Friday evening and then have a paper or lab due at midnight. She loves sports too, but the workload can be enormous at UMich.

2 Likes

International Studies

1 Like

us going strong. c u at the waitlist forum for a few months. go illini i guess im a little disappointed

Thank you for your reply! She knows that it’s going to be hard but I don’t think that she comprehends how hard! The dilemma is graduating early and saving some money Vs going into tougher classes. Also with the pandemic this year, learning has been comprised. The teachers aren’t very strict about deadlines and tests and all.
Do they have placement tests even with 5’s? If no, can we request them? I would want her to go into a higher level class if she’s completely ready. Plus she took some last year.
Also she’s planning on majoring in Biomedical Engineering. And minor in Linguistics (if that’s an option).

She won’t graduate early with engineering. Maybe a semester at best. My son could of graduated last semester but wanted to finish his 2 minors. Engineering has a path you follow. But it will allow her to minor if you take some Aps as electives… It can also her allow her to make some semesters less classes. But something tells me it won’t with the minoring. It can also allow for study abroad. My son took a class with engineering in France that helped his minor.

So… As said above… You will talk to your counselor and go from there. She will be fine…

1 Like

UIUC is a great school! It’s underestimated due to its location. The school is highly selective!
For me, I currently have UCSD for molecular bio and BU for engineering school (they don’t directly admit students to biomedical engineering); both majors are fine since I’m graduate school going (med or research). I am having a hard time choose between them since my heart is already set for UMich’s BS in molecular plus master’s in BME 5-yr combined program. Any thoughts? I seem to have to enroll in one of them, UCSD or BU, while waiting on mich.

We would love for her to enjoy her 4 years and do a minor. What did your son minor in? The only requirement is to get a GPA as close to 4 as possible.And if there is a strategy for that.

Hi all and congrats to those who recently got in to Michigan!

My S21 was accepted EA and, as we’ve never been to Michigan, thought about visiting over spring break in just over a week. However, we are second guessing the trip based on stuff we’re reading today about Michigan covid cases:

“ The state currently has the highest number of new COVID-19 infections per capita in the U.S., with 398 cases for every 100,000 residents, according to the Centers for Disease Control. Cases have increased by 124% in the last two weeks, and Michigan is reporting an average of more than 5,600 new infections a day, a major jump from February when cases hovered around 1,000 a day, according to The New York Times.

“It is absolutely alarming,” Emily Toth Martin, an epidemiologist at the University of Michigan School of Public Health, told the Times.”

What do you all think?? Is anyone planning to visit despite the rising covid cases? We will be full pay OOS and, boy, am I hesitant to commit that much money to a place my son has never seen in person!! We are watching as he is falling in love with the school from afar but I’m not sure that virtual love is enough to make mom and dad comfortable! Yikes… May 1 is breathing down our necks!

1 Like

Does anyone know when umich typically sends out financial award packages ? Like how many days after acceptance