University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

There’s a company (probably more than one) that will deliver and pickup a microwave and mini fridge, regardless of anyone being there in the room.

This is honestly the most absurd thing that I’ve seen so far with UMich, and I can find NO rational reason for them to charge more for upper level tuition (simply because they can?). A school this caliber should have a 4-year promise or guarantee that many institutions have. How are people supposed to budget a moving target? At the very least, all four should be the same

1 Like

If you get them to refund any money tell them to send me a check… Lol.

They have to keep building the 12.5 Billion war cheat somehow…

They have some of the best facilities and faculty. That’s what your paying for. Not sure why a tiered system but it was that way before we committed and we knew the rules. Didn’t say we liked them but knew the rules.

But… . It’s worth the money. That’s all I can tell you. If you do Michigan right,It will pay you back many, many times over

I hear ya…in the end, it is going to pay for itself no doubt… It’s just maddening because we’re all rational and educated people here and I can’t make ANY sense of it…why doesn’t ONE person know the answer? LOL

Does anyone know where students usually go to play sports on campus? I know about the intramural program but lets say I wanted to play a game of football with some friends. Where could I do that?

Arb on the below section would be one idea. Not sure if you can go where they play intermural when not in use? North Campus has lots of green areas and there are parks around both North and Central campus. Also up by the hill there’s a large grass area.

Palmer Field.

This is the document we have been basing our decisions on. Didn’t even notice the date until you pointed it out :-).

Housing question. My son committed last week but we have yet to get the housing application. Does anyone know how long it takes to get that and how it will come to us?

On a webinar yesterday, I heard it could be upto 3 weeks after committing.

Email or call housing and maybe the hint to get your information to you.

Not sure if this was talked about yet but… Does anyone know if the last date for ross is mostly rejections/Acceptances/Waitlist???

We‘ll find out this afternoon, but I’ll speculate and say mostly waitlists and rejections.

1 Like

There will be admits too! Here is a great blog post about the last release date from the director of undergrad admissions at Ross:

https://michiganross.umich.edu/undergraduate/bba/admissions/admissions-blog/2021/03/25/don-t-believe-everything-you-hear-what-you

Good luck, everyone!

3 Likes

Curious if there a 2025 parent group for people that have committed, besides this thread (which of course is super helpful)? I looked on FB but that one is run by Humans of University and I read somewhere that they are suspect about scraping data of those that join, and not affiliated with the actual universities they run the boards with (even though they all say ‘official’?

anyone get into ross today?

LSA admit rejected from Ross. Assume letter would say if offered wait-list?

i think it’s “University of Michigan Parents” on FB, I see no group legitimate or specific group for class of 2025

My son (OOS CA) was accepted to Ross around 2pm PST. He was accepted to LSA from EA very late (3/26) so we weren’t sure if we would get a positive Ross result.

Accepted LSA initially in January and rejected Ross today. So aggravating how they accept me in the first LSA wave and then wait until today to reject me from Ross.