University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

True that

It was real last year not Legend. School knows about it. Whether they did anything about it is the question. They looked at the source code which anyone can do on any website. It wasn’t hacking. Michigan students are too smart to do that… Lol :sunglasses:

Also, a lot of people are mentioning that the bug would’ve been fixed by now(the x near final transcript on the checklist). Just to mention, there is a similar bug in GA Tech, where the pay now button comes for accepted students, and it was there last year, this year for EA1 students, and also for EA2 students. It isn’t necessary that the university rectifies their bugs.

I think it’s important to clarify that the “source code” people are looking at is client-side javascript. People aren’t looking at the server code (or at least they shouldn’t be) nor do they have any knowledge of the database. Client-side code is almost always obfuscated for security purposes

guys i think its fair to assume thursday at 3pm EST. i was looking at last years thread and the message changed to what ours is sunday after midnight (just like us) and then decisions came out thursday.

1 Like

I am not talking about “source code” or client-side javascript or server code. This is simply a link that people had access to that shouldn’t have been granted until decisions were posted.

There may be things other things to look for in the client-side javascript, but that is not what I am talking about. This is much simpler and just involves clicking a link.

1 Like

3pm on Thursday does make sense based on the timeline last year.

3 Likes

Yes. My guess is Thursday at 3. With Wednesday at 3 and Friday at 3 my next guesses.

1 Like

I was referencing the line, “They looked at the source code which anyone can do on any website.”. The link thing is very different, in some ways I find it more interesting

1 Like

So if the link becomes active then we can know if we got accepted if we have an X net to final transcript?

MrRobot2018 is correct about what happened last year. The “x” mark or lack thereof had perfect predictive (acceptance or deferral) factor. BTW, there were one or two rejections last year posted IIRC.

I mentioned this link back about month + ago here on this thread and I believe a parent of a current UMich freshman posted that they had spoken to someone in admissions and said they fixed the issue. 🤷

I can’t verify if it’s been fixed or not.

1 Like

From other posters, here are the days decisions came out in the past:

2011: Dec. 16 (Friday)
2012: Dec. 14 (Friday)
2013: Dec. 20 (Friday)
2014: Dec. 19 (Friday)
2015: Dec. 18 (Friday)
2016: Dec. 21 (Wednesday)
2017: Dec. 20 (Wednesday)
2018: Dec. 19 (Wednesday)
2019: Dec. 19 (Thursday)

2020/21: Any day now!

6 Likes

Yes, I can vouch that the Dec 2015 and 2019 dates are correct. It was a splendid day, both my kids got in n are proud wolverines. Good luck everyone n go blue .

1 Like

Yes. That is what happened last year.

This is presumably because once you are accepted you need the final transcript to enroll. So it appears you are accessing an enrollment checklist. It seems this should be easily fixable by just not allowing access to this until 3 pm the day decisions come out. But apparently access was granted early last year.

Is the release time always 3 pm EST?

When I log onto my portal, it says EA decisions are being processed! The wait is almost over woo!!

3 Likes

my AO saiid definitely friday. time is unknown. im hoping its 3:30 so i dont have to open it at school.

yeah i called and asked why i couldn’t log in and they said no decisions will be released today but they aren’t sure what day

Can only parents see the wolverine access?

No. Everyone can