University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Here’s UVA’s ED and EA news:

https://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2020/11/u-va-receives-record-early-decision-early-action-applications-for-the-class-of-2025#:~:text=Early%20decision%20applications%20increased%2035,out-of-state%20applicants.

I think decisions are coming out today!! I’m a current senior at UM (happy to answer any questions!) and my younger sister is a hopeful EA applicant. My friend works in the admissions office and she said “very soon :)”

2 Likes

Could very soon be later this week tho? Or was it a very very soon?

how much “VERY”? People here, including myself, are anxious and scared.

Its hard to take this suspense anymore.

I wish she would tell me! Thursday afternoon is my best guess my friend is probably just playing with me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s starting my esteem colleague…

You speak the truth…

Can’t see Michigan taking more then last year. They do have those new dorms on central if they finished them. I am sure they aren’t knocking down Northwoods 3 since it’s being used for covid students…

So now that everyone experienced the weekend server crew uploaded your profiles, you know it’s happening this week. The target date is Friday but heh, Wed - Friday is fair and many theories on this. No release will happen before 3:00 eastern time or around. So keep getting good grades and get off of this site till at least that time :wink::watch:.

2 Likes

Are you a new member? Did you join just to post this?

The colleges are seeing the uncertainties as well. With the surging applications, they either keep the acceptance rate and grant more admission with the risk of overloading their campus in the fall, or, as some people suggested, there will be a much larger waitlist, so the colleges can see the situation stabilizes as kids settle down with their final choice in early May. The waitlist idea makes good sense.

2 Likes

There is no reason to panic with any surprise. The results are coming out by the end of January, which is anyway in this week.

1 Like

yea same thing happened to me lol i don’t even follow any umich related accounts!!! I have no idea how that account owner found me.

are you sure about this? mich never releases on Monday. pls don’t give false hope

Does anyone know the breakdown for acceptances/postponements/waitlists/denies for early action applicants? Like what percent of students who have applied early action are usually straight up rejected?

4 Likes

Problem with a waitlist means that many people will have to waste their initial deposits, which could end up being a lot of wasted money for us

2 Likes

I am afraid, unfortunately, that’s the case. I already got mentally prepared for the loss :slight_smile:

Decisions are coming out on Friday. 100%.

1 Like

How do you know?

thats what my AO said who is very good friends with our mich admissions rep. it’s this friday

Correct. I’ve been told by a person in admissions.

can someone explain what’s going on and what people are saying changed? also is enrollment connect the normal decision portal thing or something different? just a little lost as to why people think it’s coming out sooner than Friday. Thanks guys!