University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

This is getting silly. Friday 3 pm will be here soon enough. Folks just need to chill. It is what it is and, frankly, there’s going to be way more disappointment than excitement at that time, so don’t rush it.

Approximate Freshman Enrollment: 6,900
Yield: 46%
Total admits: 15, 217
Assume 50% EA: 7,609
Total EA applications: 55,000
Chance of EA acceptance: 13.8% average – less so for OOS
Basically 7 of every 8 is going to be rejected or waitlisted, so just focus on other stuff the next 2 days…and breathe.

I don’t mean to be so negative, but the amount of anxiety over this one thing is not productive.

3 Likes

mine were horrible hahah i barely used the word count!! I’m hoping I showed a strong enough connection though because I talked about sitting in on classes n stuff

2 Likes

LOL Glad this isn’t just my problem. I barely remember my UMich essay but it wasn’t excellent. Those connections sound great

2 Likes

y’all stop telling us to calm down and let us have our fun​:smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

6 Likes

I’m really hoping they can overlook my complete lack of story/narrative lmaoo

When you write about the School of Education but have “lawyer” in your future plans on accident so you need to make up a narrative to the admissions officer to clear that up :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

seriously looking at the app I submitted is torture but I can’t stop doing it :sob:

3 Likes

LMAO hopefully regular decision is better

1 Like

This happens every year… The ones that have been here and trying to be helpful just trying to keep everyone sane… Lol…

1 Like

do you think it will come today ?

Any hacks that we can try for the decisions?

y’all gotta chill lol

3 Likes

yeah the hack is…waiting boi

13 Likes

I didn’t understand the inspect element but

Trust me its not worth it buddy

2 Likes

Just to clarify, deferred/postponed or rejected will be the decisions in EA, but very few EA rejections have ever been posted here on CC.

Unless UMich changed the system, waitlisted applicants are generated thru RD releases.

3 Likes

That isssssss depressing. Excuse me while I go hyperventilate.

the anxiety of this deadline has probably already shortened my lifespan 10 years haha

8 Likes

Some transfer decisions were released last week. Some this week. I think it is rolling for transfers.

When I was a senior, I saw that 5 seniors from high school were rejected EA back in 2019.