University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

So first off always call Michigan Ross admissions besides listening to us bums :joy:. But you have to read their site twice… If you already applied with Preferred Ross Admissions then you are given very low priority if you decide to transfer after not getting accepted initially. This must of been changed due to covid since their policy was once you get rejected from Ross then that is it. So if only 145 get accepted each year (on their site), the chances of someone getting accepted that already got rejected is pretty low… Like 0%…but it’s alway worth calling to clarify. This is all on their transfer website

So they only admit 145 students to Ross each year?! That’s crazy low for a school as big as UMich! I thought this would be safer than UPenn Wharton (my ED school), but now it seems like Ross is even harder to get into!

Follow up to my last post: I must have misunderstood what you said about the 145 admitted students. That must be for transfers only. The website says they accepted 931 students out of a little over 6,000 applicants. I’m relieved.

Yes, that number is transfers. I believe they shoot for 100-125 internal UMich transfers and then outside transfers make up the rest. I think they shoot for a class of 625 and it just depends on the room and the number of applicants.

Good luck with Wharton ED. When do you hear?

Yep. Just transfers… It’s on par with Wharton… You just can’t go wrong with either one. Good Luck.

Penn releases ED decisions on Wednesday December 16th. After Wharton, Ross is essentially tied for my second choice.

They didn’t change the policy but it is indeed very difficult.

On the application, it asked to submit your highest score in each category. I am assuming that they will want actual transcripts, but the way the question was phrased, I don’t see how they could penalize you for superscoring… it was stated that way on the application…

1 Like

Michigan Ross is such an incredible school that my son decided to not apply early decision anywhere due to his love of Michigan. Good luck to everyone who applied

1 Like

Is there any word on early action release date?

2 Likes

They are staying its “by January 31st” but also wondering if that is the last possible date and decisions will be put out in waves before that. Seems unlikely to be December because of the later EA date, but it would obviously be great if it happened sooner. Maybe the ED decisions coming out 1st will be helpful to those who truly want Michigan as a first choice.

I’ve seen references to ED several times in this thread and wanted to point out Michigan does not do Early Decision, only Early Action and Regular Decision. Early Action and Early Decision are two distinctly different things.

https://admissions.umich.edu/apply/first-year-applicants/requirements-deadlines/application-changes

3 Likes

I think what some are referring to is students that applied ED elsewhere. If they get in to their ED school, then their Michigan EA application would be withdrawn (potentially helping the Michigan yield).

This is true, though other EA schools have denied the fact that they want to decrease acceptance rate due to withdraws.

I have heard rumors that they are actually going to release EA decisions this week? Does anyone think this is true?

1 Like

Rumors are fun and before the holidays would be great. They are done this week since the semester is up so that would be a good time. But. I would think after the First. So yes, they state at the end of January but doesn’t preclude them to release in waves prior…

1 Like

Where did you hear this rumor?!

1 Like

My son applied EA and has his HAIL interview (for engineering majors) next week. I’m not sure how they’d release decisions if interviews are still happening? Would be nice though!

My friend heard it from someone, not sure who, thats why I am not sure if its that qualified of a rumor. Its probably not true if they aren’t done with interviews but this is the week they released last year

Highly unlikely- but wish it were true.