University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

So it’s always a good thing here not to report second hand knowledge since it’s almost always wrong. If you have first hand knowledge always much better…

@sushiritto has all the release dates and think already stated them in the past. This evidently is a much different year and “might” be the model going forward depending on how it goes. Soon enough you will know. The really do take their time to give everyone a fair evaluation. You don’t want them to rush through your application, Right?

well i was not reporting anything I was just asking a question.

2 Likes

OK… I just called UM undergraduate admissions. They are shooting for end of January with one admission date and no EA waves… So no reason for speculation.

7 Likes

Exactly !

UW Madison just released their early action & they also said January 31st this year. Fingers crossed that University of Michigan is early too!!

8 Likes

Just thought I’d say that in my hail interview email it says that the interview can be held any time between December 4th and January 17th. I don’t know if they would release decisions before the 17th then.

1 Like

Only released EA for certain states. I believe NY NJ and CA. I know my state IL was not part of it last I heard. (talking about UW)

So far it seems to be for Wisconsin… Wisconsin… Lol. Minnesota, NY, NJ, Massachusetts, Parts of California. Not Illinois yet. Looking for my friends daughter but… This is Michigan EA thread… Lol…

Still nothing from WI here in NYC… not sure how they released.

@Mamabear03 No idea but I know people in Westchester have heard and in LA.

Their website said only WI for EA in December so it would be great if UM doesn’t wait until end of Jan but I don’t believe we will hear in Dec.

We live in NYC but my son is in boarding school in another state… probably a different AO… who knows. The wait is killing us. :blush:

We’re in NYC, too, nothing yet… Looks like some added financial aid info was added but otherwise… nothing.

Is there anything preventing Michigan from releasing decisions other than the Hail interviews? Because as a non-engineering major, this is quite frustrating for me.

Yes. They extended the application deadline by two weeks and normally don’t release decisions until around now or just before Christmas if I recall. So if you push that back two weeks you’re into January. Add the two weeks they’re closed it’s mid January. Two years ago they had 65,000 applications. No idea how many were early, but imagine trying to go through even half those in just a month.

2 Likes

Yeah that would be impossible. I forgot about the 2 week delay.

Guys what are my chances for University of Michigan-Ann Arbor

I applied from India EA

Major:Computer Science(College of Arts and Sciences)

ACT: 36/36

SAT Subject Test: Maths 2 and Chemistry-800/800

Grades: 10th-96.6%(School 3rd, All India CS Topper); 11th-94%(Both mid year and finals-school topper); 12th-99.25%(School Topper); Unfortunately, school does not report rank, but says top 5%(I have been the subject topper in all subjects, so I made 2 of my teachers put that in their LORs)

APs-I just gave the papers, as my school follows the Indian board ICSE/ISC and does not offer classes. Calculus BC, Physics C Mechanics, Chemistry, Computer Science A, and EVS-all 5

ECs: I did a lot of STEM related work. Full details regarding my profile is available on my site here: https://www.arhaanaggarwal.com/

Essays: I think I wrote a good UMich Essay which showed a lot of interest. My community essay was based around a volunteer organisation I started during the pandemic to run errands for the elderly at no extra cost to them. My Common App Essay was also very good and everyone I showed it to liked it a lot. Overall I’d rate my essays if not a 10, then a 9.5 out of 10.

LORs: I submitted recs from my CS(teacher taught me in 9th, 11th, and 12th) and Chemistry(teacher taught me in 11th and 12th) teachers. They both loved me, and I am sure that my CS rec was extraordinary, and even my Chemistry rec would’ve been pretty good(as good as the teacher could’ve given). According to the Chemistry teacher it was the best rec she had ever written. The only thing I see with my recs is that my CS rec was around 3-4 pages long.

1 Like

That website and your credentials are stellar. Really nice job btw…

Being international is always hard but they would be silly to pass you up. They are in need of international since they were down last year. Make sure you can afford it and make sure your good incase something like covid hits again and you can’t get back easily to your home country. Good luck

1 Like

Thank you so much @Knowsstuff. Really hope I get in. I can afford UMich so I am relatively safe out there.

Are you kidding? If you cannot get in, no one can.

Sorry you don’t have a good chance… you are OOS so UoM is out of luck for you :frowning:
Sarcasm aside, like what everyone else says, I’m confident you will get in.