University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Who knows UNC and Northeastern released today when they were supposed to come out a bit later. That being said, ur most likely right.

1 Like

northeastern came out? i don’t see a status update

UNC wasn’t supposed to come out later. They always said “by the 31st”. Today wasn’t any earlier than anything we were told as today is still “by the 31st”. It was still “by the 31st”, which is exactly what Michigan has always stood by. If UM were to come out tomorrow, it’s still not early, since they too have said “by the 31st”. People need to not get all caught up in the semantics. This has been going on for more than a month. The decision will be here soon, so everyone should hold their horses and when it’s out, it’s out.

UNC’s typically would be released on Fridays, for the last few years. Before that, decisions were released on Wednesdays. So it was a little unexpected to receive UNC’s decision today, on a Wed instead of a Friday, especially given the fact that UNC had a 20% surge in EA applications.

1 Like

Hmm thanks for clarifying I was told my someone else on CC that NEastern was definitely Feb 1st. Didn’t know about UNC tho.

Northeastern is out but it is coming out in waves by region. Right now it is only the East Coast that has heard but everyone will hear by the end of the night.

2 Likes

i applied ea to lsa but submitted my ross portfolio in mid december. is there any chance i will receive my decision from ross on feb 19 (the first of the three release dates they have announced)? or will it almost certainly be march 19 (the second release date they have announced)?

Just got deferred from Northeastern. I have ZERO hope for UMich now.

6 Likes

lmao same we’re in this together. literally know i have no chance at Michigan but life goes on haha

5 Likes

same

SAME OMG. wait do you go to a NYC priv school

Does UM prefer ISS a lot more than OSS? Like huge acceptance rate difference between the two.

1 Like

They definitely accept more ISS

I hope we get a decision tomorrow! I just randomly got my unc decision early so anything is possible. I was admitted to unc for spring term but not fall so now I’m so nervous abt mich Bc now it’s my top school.

2 Likes

Mmm at this point I should just give up hope for any out of state schools.

2 Likes

Back in the normal EA times, did Mich explicitly say when decisions would come out like a couple of weeks prior?

I think only couple of hours before

They usually don’t give any notice before

1 Like

Ok if it was a zero sum game like you said with less applications for RD, then wouldn’t applying RD be easier?

I’m checking my portal at 3 tomorrow to see if there’s a decision