University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

They do consider it. Did you attend any info sessions if you were not able to visit in person?

Emailing your counselor is always nice if you want to add additional info or whatever, but theyre not gonna disadvantage you for not

NorthEastern seemed like in full yield protection mode

1 Like

The biggest factor by a vast margin is raw academic statistics (GPA, SAT, SoS etc.) at UofM. From there they want good recommendations, high commitment extracurriculars and demonstrated character via essays.

1 Like

not really. If you read their thread, you will notice that many people with super high stats got in.

wdym super high?

1 Like

It’s unlikely that they will release today, they typically roll out by a little past 3 for the past 10 years. I would check back tomorrow.

really? i thought it was the opposite

I mean 34-36 ACT, 1500-1600 SAT and 4.0/4.30 GPA

1 Like

Large public schools have all said that demonstrated interest doesn’t matter. When you are looking at 50K+ applications it is just too minute of a factor. I’m sure many kids want to go to Michigan, but it’s your scores, etc that tell them if you will be able to handle the rigor. Not how badly you want to go there.

does michigan send decisions by physical mail?

Many people with high stats were admitted and the same amount was deferred. You can go and check now. Yes, some people with “lower stats” were also accepted (although the lowest score I saw was a 1400)

someone from umich zeemee posted a screenshot of an email from their high school sayinf that umich would begin rolling out decisions in waves starting tomorrow at 3pm est

can u pls send a link to the screenshot? tbh i doubt its true

i don’t think im allowed to but if you download zeemee and look at the chat it should be there. sorry i wish i could upload!

wait why not? what is zeemee?

it’s an app for people applying to/going to different colleges. they have different group chats for different colleges. the ss im talking about is from the one for prospective umich students

oh i gotchu. makes sense. at this point, i dont even mind waiting a day or two more. ive been waiting for so long LOL

2 Likes

same bruh

1 Like

Looks good, but obviously a lot more than just GPA and ACT score. Also, UMich converts all GPA’s to unweighted with just 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, and 1.0, no pluses or minuses. Good Luck !!

1 Like