University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

does opening the portal waaay too many times count ? Cause that’s legit all I did : (

2 Likes

get in where?

The two most important things Michigan looks at are grades and rigor. Doesn’t matter how much you want to go there or how many virtual tours you did etc if you don’t have that.

4 Likes

northeastern ea:)

Thanks so much, that is very informative

I’ve heard for UM that it is virtually impossible OOS to get in without a 1550 or higher, GPA 3.9-4, 10 plus APs and mostly 5s, plus strong demonstrated interest, leadership and regional and National awards, and 3-5 patents if looking for engineering.

Really? From whom?

My son’s school naviance begs to differ.

2 Likes

I also got deferred from Tulane and got rejected from my reach school(Rice University). I seriously don’t want to get deferred from Umich. I have a friend who has an H1 visa(not sure if this qualifies as international) but all he had was a rigorous course load with a 4.0 UW GPA and a 1450 SAT. The extent of his ECs were taekwondo and some volunteering. He is a current third year there.

1 Like

y’all this is the same tr0ll form earlier

4 Likes

You heard wrong. I was accepted to Michigan with lower stats.

8 Likes

According to the last CDS, “level of applicants interest” is considered.

1 Like

I hope so. I emailed my Admission Representative many times with questions and attended an M is 4 U event. In this event your respective Admission Representative went over your essays. She said that mine were all good and the only problem with them was the wording on one of them.

i mean, they will certainly tell you something!

1 Like

Don’t worry, it barely impacts your decision

Let’s keep this thread on track. Please. Less than 24 hours away from decisions. Or at least the start. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You are OOS

International, so yes.

1 Like

Everything I have read & heard indicates demonstrated interest is a factor - except I did call the Admissions office a month or so ago inquiring about campus visits this year & she said that demonstrated interest is not considered but if my son gets deferred then he will have an opportunity to write an additional “essay” of sorts & show his interest in attending the University of Michigan. That left me thinking that maybe this year, because of covid, demonstrated interest will not be a factor for EA but if you get deferred then it will be a factor??

Might I remind members of the forum rules: “Our forum is expected to be a friendly and welcoming place.”
https://www.collegeconfidential.com/policies/rules

Let’s support each other instead of throwing shade and creating fake posts. This time of year is stressful enough as it is.

Let me also say that the system locks threads that have generated excessive flags and this thread us dangerously close. Don’t mess it up for other applicants.

10 Likes