University of Michigan Waitlist Class of 2025

Someone on Reddit called the admissions office and were told that announcements would be made during the first week of June at the latest.

thats unfortunate honestly but pretty sure all top tier universities, public or private are likely overenrolled. the covid 19 benefits only applies to last year’s round and this year is making college application especially worse

1 Like

Yep. There’s only really a handful of top colleges that went to the waitlist this year but I’ll be glad to get a final answer, no matter what.

1 Like

i dont think no one will get off, but it should be a very small proportion getting in eh. it would work out fine regardlessly the outcome of the waitlist. we got this brotha/sista

So no one has yet gotten off the waitlist?

I think there must be like 10K on the waitlist… and yep… nobody for Fall 21 has heard a thing.

1 Like

I’ve heard some rumors here and there about one or two people getting off the waitlist. All secondhand though.

So maybe there class was initially full and they used the waitlist here and there when needed?

It’s hard to say but I suspect they’ll make an announcement soon.

1 Like

I heard this too. I believe they are just taking a few people on a rolling basis if needed.

1 Like

Um but how long after closing of the original acceptance deadline are waitlists usually released? It was around April 30 for this year as far as I know

If you scroll through this thread, the initial waitlist release dates for past years has been posted already.

Oh, thanks man.
Are there any intl-eng waitlists?

1 Like

Here I am lad. No action since now for int-engineering. How are we gonna get the I-20 visas if we get out of waitlist tho embassies are closed for most cases.

2 Likes

Exactly. And in India, we got another problem: we haven’t even passed out of high school, and probably won’t be until after 3 months

1 Like

They are not even taking many people from waitlist, so it is better to apply for the visa for the school u got into mate. Good luck

In the parents group there isn’t a single person who has joined recently that has said their kid just chose UM or was accepted. Haven’t heard of anyone anywhere getting in off any waitlist.

I do believe most programs, especially engineering ones, are full. Maybe if there is attrition from internationals that may move some numbers around but if schools are over-enrolled, that may actually be music to their ears as opposed to opening up any waitlist spots.

Orientation starts in just over a week with those who’ve signed up already required to take placement tests and other activities deadlines past - required to do them 2 weeks prior to orientation.

Maybe there will be a lucky few but so far doesn’t seem like it’s happening really in many places at all.

3 Likes

Did anyone hear from the admissions office or has a speculation about the waitlist decision release?

2 Likes

Can someone call? I cannot cuz I’m international. Much appreciated in advance.

The official website said that they will likely release from early June so just wait ppl. Its coming soon. Most likely a rejection tho

I personally don’t think the same way. They are waiting for the summer melt, and they typically don’t do the summer extended waitlist thing, so they will remain the list until they reach the absolute certainty. If they reach that in early June, then they may spread the rejection which I believe is impossible for internationals cuz even visas are a problem now, a cause for international gap-years.

Closure for classof2023: 28th June
Classof2022: late june/ early july

In previous years through 2018 it seems like there was a wave around the 3rd week of May. Then in 2019 it was June 8. The threads were quiet until the end of June when people were finally rejected & they officially closed their waitlist. Last year was different with Covid so I won’t even go by that. But this year could be a late or additional wave if internationals have visa problems.

2 Likes