University of South Carolina Deferred students

Our admissions rep is still in my son’s portal.

So does anyone know from last year what happens with deferrals and regular decision? Who would hear first?

My cousin and I were both deferred and I know she got in last month. I still haven’t received anything thought and we are both in state.

1 Like

Admissions Rep still there. Yesterday we got a notice that our application status had changed. Went to check portal and it just notified us that child had not been accepted to Honors College. Child was invited to apply to HC but didn’t. Since I heard there were many kids who were invited to apply to HC and did so and got deferred, I guess there was no real change of status and we wait.

After further investigation it seems that his admission rep has changed regions so I am guessing that is why it isn’t there.

Did anyone who was deferred NOT get the email to set up the VIP ID?

3 Likes

My son is deferred and never got this as far as he can recall.

1 Like

Deferred EA to RD and recived the VIP ID email.

Deferred, did not get email but did not apply for aid. However I think someone above said they didn’t apply for aid and got it so I think the VIP email is a good sign.

I was deferred and received the email.

For those who applied RD, is there just one release date for all in mid-March or do they release in batches?

2 Likes

Would love to know. Have to say I’m growing frustrated. My daughter applied in September, sadly regular decision. Would love to set up a tour and visit but can’t do that if she doesn’t get in. Tour requires a flight and hotel. Hard to do that last minute :frowning:

1 Like

According to the forums last year there was one mid-February and mid-March and it looks like it was a mix of RD and ED.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the mid-February batch was released?

1 Like

I don’t think there has been any decisions released this month.

Sorry if this is a repeated question, does anyone have any info for EA deferred students on when decisions are coming out or if they will be mixed in Mid-March with Reg Decision?

Agree… I haven’t seen any. So maybe we all have to wait for mid march.

1 Like

Deferred - did not get the VIP email and did not apply for aid.

2 Likes

Where is the box that you are referencing on the Common App where you state your intentions of applying or not for financial aid? I only recall that question for certain schools, and SC not one of them. Thanks.

My son is deferred and previously whenever we logged in with his VIP ID, we had the same two tabs as shown in your picture (Personal Info & Financial Aid). Now today he has additional tabs (Admission, Student, Account Information). When I check the Student tab, and click on Student Profile it actually has a ton of detailed info now that makes it appear as if he’s a student now, even though he hasn’t been accepted as of now. The interesting part is is has his college and major listed, but those were his SECOND choice on his application. It’s pretty confusing but I’m wondering if maybe that’s a sign that he may get accepted, but for his second choice major…or maybe it still means nothing! Has anyone else noticed this recently on the Self Service Carolina portal?

1 Like