University of South Carolina Deferred students

Same here.

My sonā€™s account is the same as you describe as of today. In fact, he is in the same situation - it lists his second choice major. His first was business, second was exercise science. His major is listed as exercise science under student profile.

1 Like

Thats great! Mines doesnā€™t look that way but she hasnā€™t been deferred yet as she applied RD. But I think thats a great sign for you! Maybe this means the deferral notifications are coming!

Those deferred does your admission plan still say Early Action on your portal?

1 Like

Yes, still says Admission Plan: Early Action on the main portal.

1 Like

Yes, it does still say Early Action on the main portal. Is anyone elseā€™s major not shown anymore on the main portal by chance?

2 Likes

My son was deferred and his VIP ID page hasnā€™t changed. :smiling_face_with_tear:sounds like a good sign for you guys.

Same with my daughter :confused: hoping maybe it will update over the next few days. Hopefully good sign for those that were changed! Is your sonā€™s major still listed on the main portal ?

I donā€™t see a major listed but not sure if it ever showed on that page.

1 Like

My sonā€™s first choice was business as well, so looks like they are in similar situations showing their second choice.

Anyone get an email late last night from USC Financial Aid about unsatisfied requirements for the 2023-2024 year? My son got one with instructions to go into Self Service and complete the Title IV Authorization. Interesting part in the email though was at the end, where it says ā€œIf you will not be attending USC, please let us know with a reply to this email.ā€ Thought that was funny, since we havenā€™t gotten anything yet saying heā€™s been admitted. Might still mean nothing though I guess.

I would take that as a positive sign. Sounds like financial aid is a little ahead of admissions.

1 Like

I think we need to be careful about taking guidance from all these ā€œsigns.ā€ Iā€™m friendly with a college counselor who has experience with SC and she says the VIP and financial aid activity is not an indication of acceptance. I also heard from an applicant last year that got the VIP ID and wasnā€™t accepted. I didnā€™t ask specifically about the new tabs in the portal, but there are countless reasons why that could, or could not, be an indication on decision and more reasons why some may have and some donā€™t, the least of which is the clunky IT systems in play. Best plan for me is to stay off these forums and wait until decisions are communicated. Best of luck to everyone.

3 Likes

My sons major was there on the portal, but not today. The entire line is missing.

1 Like

Are you talking about where it says Enrollment Management at the bottom or whatever major you chose? I havenā€™t looked at the USC in a long time so I donā€™t remember what it looked like.

Where was it?

There is a rumor that decisions may come out either today or tomorrow.

Is this for deferred students only? or RD as well? Thanks

Iā€™m gonna assume its for deferred as I keep hearing regular decision is March 15

1 Like

Where did you hear this? That would be great! DD was deferred. Itā€™s the only school we are still waiting on.

1 Like

When EA was released they sent an email the day before.