University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2023

They open at 8, I’m gonna call and ask

They told me “sometime by the end of December”

ugh so will it not be today?

Not necessarily, they just don’t want to reveal when they will release decisions. It could be today and I think it likely will be. “At the end of December” and “by the end of December” have very different meanings.

Can someone ask if they will notify us before

@JL1313 they will probably not give much of a heads up - they haven’t in the past (last year and prior years) so no reason for them to be so accommodating this time around. Also, since they haven’t confirmed today, there’s no evidence, other than last year’s one-off, that they will release today. In fact, evidence is starting to point the other way, given that someone has called already this morning. You can return to your studies and your other applications with confidence knowing that you haven’t missed anything. UW will e-mail you when a decision is available.

When I go on portal and click under “My Academics” a page is loaded with info about academic advising and has my test scores. Is that there for all applicants or do you think it means something?

@sjlj01 I see that on my portal as well…not quite sure if it’s for all applicants or not.

do not think that means anything

I have that as well. Don’t think it means anything but it could. Although it does say it’s for incoming undergraduate students so we could already be in the system if we were admitted. This is all speculation tho.

I have that as well. I hope it means something. Has it always been there?

Agree with JBStillFlying…I was on the phone with them late yesterday regarding changing my major and slipped in the question; got the same answer ‘sometime before the end of December’. Just guessing on my part, but her tone and statement gave me the feel it would not be over the next few days.

i have a feeling it will be tonight at 8

Looking at the EA 2022 thread, early on December 15, 2017 (Last years EA decision date) many posts on the forum stated that the admissions office told them that admissions would be released in the next few days and the decision was posted that night. It is still possible that decisions will be released tonight even with them saying admissions will be released by the end of December

I think the My Advising has been there all along. It looks like a standard feature of the site.

literally don’t know what to expect :frowning:

I was certain it was going to be today now feeling doubtful…

I’m ready to have anxiety for all of Christmas break

Well the longest you would have to wait is another week. Their admissions office is closed from Dec 25th to Jan 1st. Since they have promised decisions by the end of December, they would have to be out before then!!

Last year’s threads had admissions saying the same thing to people who called asking about it this week, and announcements came out on Friday the 15th anyways. Maybe the question to ask them is just what time tonight are they coming out, wink, wink! I think that’s what one person did and they got an admissions person who answered it!