University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

No Email Florida

If the decisions come out today when do they email everyone to tell them to look in the tool? is like minutes before or several hours to say hey today we are announcing check at 5pm for example?

@Carolinexxx calling Madison UWM is an insult to anyone who attends it. UWM is milwaukee. Madison is either madison or UW

No email -DC

@snakster Not mentioned for a reason. I mean if you want to talk about in-state bargains in Virginia, I’d go with William & Mary, tbh. If somebody is applying to both UVA and Wisconsin, you have your “student body attributes” mixed up.

This is REALLY good info! I’ve been making this mistake, but I’ll be much better going forward. :smile:

I called and spoke to the admissions office regarding the email that is delaying answers for certain EA apps. She honestly said she hadn’t seen the email and was unaware of what it said regarding dates, however she did admit that they were short staffed and flooded with apps and wanted to not defer those that hadn’t been reviewed. That would put them in RD. Instead they are in a wave of second round EA. It’s unclear why some were not reviewed because it clearly isn’t by test scores, submission date, or major. She indicated that those apps were just not looked at yet due to staffing shortages. She hinted it was perhaps due to location and regional staffing, but again she honestly didn’t know. She admitted there is no decision timeline for those that received the email. Good luck to everyone!

Did she mention if there was a decision timeline regarding when those who did NOT get the email would be notified?

FWIW, Received the email and live in Washington

There was no information from admissions on timing for those that did NOT receive the email. The automated voice message I heard while waiting for a live person said “as soon as they are ready”.

So we’re assuming they’re coming out today?

@2boysandadog

You nailed that one! I could not get either of my kids to apply to an NJ school. They toured many of them and said “no thanks”.

As a current UW Madison parent of a freshman who was playing this game last year, it’s much nicer on this side of the wait! Good luck future Badgers! UW was not my kid’s first choice but it has been WONDERFUL! Crossing fingers for all.

No email for us so son will check his portal tonight.
In-state, submitted his app at the end of September.
History major, 30 ACT, 3.94 weighted GPA, 3.7 unweighted GPA (that worries me a bit) …hoping he has a decent chance - guess we will see. Fingers crossed

@HappyNJ I feel the same way about Minnesota state schools. U of M twin cities is the only one that is where my daughter should be academically, but the campus is terrible. I don’t blame her for not wanting to go there.

“It seems that people who applied from VA, GA, TX, WA, and International are the ones receiving those emails…If we did not know this before, it now looks like their admissions office breaks it down by States”

And NC.

Definitely seems regional. I wonder if there are any other. My guess is students who got the email would be the most likely to come to CC to see what’s going on so that May cover it.

when do they send the email saying for us to check the portal? is it exactly at the time they update the portal or do they say today is the day check in 3 hours? or any advance notice via email?

I dunno. I can envision a scenario where someone would apply to both. Heck, my son’s apps are all over the map in the eastern half of the US. No two in the same state. (admittedly, UVA not one of them…didn’t have his major)

Admissions instagram just posted that they’re about to go on break… Don’t they normally do this right before releasing decisions?

@Coun2316

My son might be going to U of M twin cities next year. Could you please elaborate on why you think their campus is terrible? It would be good to know about any negative factors before we decide.

I would be interested in hearing also! My son applied to both schools and was already accepted to U of M Twin Cities. We toured both but our MN day was the hottest day of the summer and we couldn’t really enjoy the campus. But I’ve heard great things about both schools.