University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

No email. NY. Applied Undeclared Major, arts and sciences.

My DD applied to both. We live in Illinois. She did not apply to Illinois

Another thing I noticed - in my financial aid section, it now includes the specifics of aid I qualify for (loans). Yesterday and before this was not inclucded.

Oh goodness, U of MN campus may not be a fit for everyone but it is hardly terrible. I am an alum and live spitting distance from campus. It’s very urban. I got an extremely high quality education there. I’ve also worked in tech hiring and those grads are highly regarded. That’s neither here nor there on this thread, but let’s not denigrate other campuses because your particular student doesn’t like a campus.

I know many current students and alum from the U of MN who were very happy with their educational experience. Including a niece finishing a masters. And every school has students above the 75% stats. Many/most families have to consider finances first.

what time would decisions come out

My son’s financial aid section changed also and now has a disbursement tab and has a printable financial aid offer.

@rudranil and @Jersey02 - I guess it’s wrong to say the campus is terrible. It’s a matter of preference. I don’t like how it’s so entwined in the city. It just doesn’t have the same campus-y (for lack of a better word)feel as Madison. It’s also 15 minutes from home which my daughter does not want. I know many people whose kids go there and love it, so don’t let my opinion scare you off. Believe me, it would be so much easier and cheaper if my daughter just wanted to go there!

We live almost dead center between the two schools and have reciprocity so both were on our radar, but DS was not fond of the UW campus and liked UMN, so it’s probably just personal opinion. Neither one of them was my taste, but I’m not the one going. :smile:

DD portal showing Fed Aid(loan) options now too. Was not there this morning. Anyone else?

My financial aid section has no COA and I did not receive an email. Kind of expecting a rejection today. It makes sense that they’d be updating COA etc only for students being admitted.

didn’t realize this was the U of MN thread

Has anyone received an admission decision yet?

Northeasterner here and not an alum of Minn or Madison, but have visited both with my children. people were terrific in both places. Minn more urban, for sure, but steps from the Mississippi River, trails, cool bridges, etc. the city of MPLS struck me as more cosmopolitan than Madison, whereas Madison felt more like a college town, even with state govt, etc. nearby. a matter of preference–would send my kids to either place without hesitation.

My financial aid section now lists a unsubsidized loan and for award status it says “offered” which I’m hoping is a good sign. In addition, the COA page now has a breakdown of costs. Does everyone have this updated now, or just certain people?

@college571 - that seems like a very good sign. Nothing in mine still. Did yours just update? This is torture!

Where do you find the COA page?

We’re in PA. My DS did apply to Penn State (already accepted) but I don’t really see a scenario where he goes there (much to his mother’s chagrin).

I did not get the email in regards to a possible delay. However, I have still not filled out anything in regards to financial aid, so the tab appears the same. What is the COD page?

opps…COA**

Can someone please elaborate on what their financial aid summary states? Mine has a need summary, a cost of attendance summary, and an expected family contribution summary. All with breakdowns. Is this the ‘new’ thing that showed up in this section for you guys, or is there something else? Thanks.