University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

In Application Status, it still shows Academic Plan: Mathematics BS and Application Status: Complete - Early Action so no changes there. However, in the Financial Aid section, an AWARDS drop-down menu was added a few hours ago that shows loan/s offered and you can print the Financial Aid Offer. Previously in the Financial Aid section, it only had the FINANCIAL AID SUMMARY drop-down menu which includes COA, EFC, & Need Summary.

I’m an international applicant and I’m not eligible to apply for FAFSA. Is there any other clue or change??

So are these changes good or bad??

Do you think the update is an indication of who is getting in? Mine hasn’t updated yet

this is just like the X theory from Michigan yesterday

Let’s see if anyone gets a decision as per the University’s published deadline.

@BenPM64 please don’t say that. Cause the x theory was right…and I was deferred

Yeah, and that one was right. I don’t have an ‘awards’ drop down (have all three other breakdowns), but I also don’t qualify for any aid, so hopefully that’s the reason.

Yes. I didn’t apply for aid so I don’t have anything in my financial aid tab.

Wait, what’s the X theory??

Actually, a way to quickly figure out if the 3 aid breakdowns have any meaning is whether someone who got the delay email has the 3 financial aid breakdowns. That would mean that it probably doesn’t mean anything.

Students at my school with very good stats have not had updates to their accounts so I don’t think it is determining anything - it’s probably updating by region. I’m from MN

What is the X theory?

Michigan applicants noticed that a ‘X’ had appeared beside their transcripts. Only they received an acceptance letter hours later.

Delayed decision person with the three aid breakdowns if that is helpful to anyone. I think everyone may just be jumping to conclusions. They are doing the best they can. Sorry for the delay, but happy they are taking the time for each student. Can’t ask for anything more. Good luck tonight (assuming it’s tonight)!

Son has 3 aids breakdown and 3 awards breakdown and a printable financial aid offer. However, you are so right…can’t assume anything these days!!!

@BenPM64 the x theory was right… I got into U of M yesterday with the x.

Did anyones Academic Plan chance to No Major Code BA

mine didn’t change and this is my safety school so uhhh it better not be right

I think if you have the printable offer that is a very good sign. It looks very similar to the aid offers that schools have mailed me a few weeks following my acceptance to their school. It also shows the next step to accepting the aid, and I don’t see why they’d give that to people who won’t be accepted. Still, can’t assume anything. The only way to for sure know if you are accepted is seeing the acceptance letter! Best of luck everyone!