University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

Anyone know how to negotiate tuition with Wisconsin? It’s my dream school but they just gave me the estimated annual cost and I can’t attend if it’s that costly (I’m OOS).

Wisconsin is very expensive OOS and they offer merit to very few people. As far as I know tuition is not negotiable there.

1 Like

Hey Everyone!
I am an OOS student and was recently deferred from Wisco. I will be entering my grades and all new accomplishments/activities, but I was wondering am I supposed to send them a LOCI since unlike UMich deferrals Wisco doesn’t ask for a LOCI anywhere on their portal.
Would you recommend that I email them a LOCI? If yes, is there any specific person to email to? (i.e. my admissions counselor)
Would love to hear your input and any suggestions you may have for me to hopefully increase my chances of getting accepted in this round. Thank You. :slight_smile:

My son put his interest at the end of the update form

YES you should absolutely send a LOCI!! Good luck!

Does Wisconsin typically accept a lot of deferred applicants in RD?

1 Like

Yes! My daughter. Accepted OOS

Where in CT are you from? My daughter accepted from CT too

Any thoughts / comparison on Purdue CS vs UW-Madison CS ?

I’d love some guidance on scholarships. Typically, what kind of stats does a student need to have in order to receive any type of scholarship? The $500 - full tuition?

Thank you!

Mine too! From West Hartford. She’s still undecided, though.

Anyone know where to send Wisconsin LOCI to?

No way. My daughter is at Conard

1 Like

Mine’s at Hall :grinning:

My D is confused…she was most definitely admitted EA, pre-business (not a direct admit), but received an email today from Admissions asking her to self-report mid-year grades by February 19th because she is on the “direct entry wait list”. Hmm.

Is this the email that deferred applicants receive? Or maybe she is on a wait list for direct entry to the business school? (The business school was not mentioned in today’s email, however).

She’ll call the Admissions office to ask about this but I am so curious as to what the direct entry wait list is, or if it’s another email sent in error. Anyone else receive this kind of email?

Did she formally accept her pre-business admission yet? Sounds like a waitlist for that school

Please let me know if you find out any info, my son is in the same situation (he got the email today). That could be a game-changer for us. It sounds like they have a wait list of non-direct admits to pull from depending on how the class shapes up.

No, she hasn’t formally accepted/enrolled at UW, still waiting on other schools’ decisions. It does sort of sound like a waitlist for the b-school but there was no mention of the b-school. It was just odd, there was very little info given.

I will! I’m very curious. And same here: a direct admit to Wisconsin’s business school would be a big plus.

I got the Same email. Assuming it’s a wait list for business school direct. Did anyone else receive it?