University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

Any chance deferral decisions come out soon?

Also do deferral decisions come out on a rolling basis or all at once?

Just for an email saying not until 4/2

Ridiculous. Yet they’ll still expect us to make a decision in less than 30 days :roll_eyes:

Why do some people change their major during the admissions process?

Email just came out saying now the release date is 4/2 sadly.

Yeah I’m not happy at all

Has anyone received any merit aid? The auto-consideration merit was meant to be emailed in February so I’m curious if anyone has gotten it?

2 Likes

Nothing here, so far.

1 Like

What is auto consideration merit ?

@funjodi28 I think it is the the type of merit that does not require submitting extra material.

1 Like

What is also unclear to me is those scholarships they made us apply for by 2/1 I’m guessing anyone who was deferred has zero chance of getting them which would have been nice to know BEFORE my son spent more time on essays and asked others to write letters of recommendations

1 Like

@skkm0906 I don´t think getting deferred excludeds the student from the race. I have heard of students who where accepted at later waves and were offered scholarships. The whole process is not transparent at all.
I agree that there is a lot of effort put to run for the scholarships.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who has chipped in with information on scholarships (I was going to ask if anyone had received notification - we’ve heard nothing).

My daughter completed the general scholarship application, the School of Ed application and the alumni application. We really need to scholarship money to make this economically feasible. Based on what she has received from other schools, I hope Wisconsin offers something comparable.

I called the business school on Friday about direct admit scholarships, I explained that Wisconsin is my D’s first choice, but she got money from other schools. The person who answered the phone told me to call the deans office next week and discuss it with him directly. :woman_shrugging:

Financial aid package just updated. Email was sent to check the portal.

1 Like

Are merit scholarship awards notifications done separately/later from the FA packages in the portal? In other words, is what is offered in the FA package now all that there is going to be? (Out of state, Early Action)

I understand that Wisconsin is not generous on merit aid, but as an Out-of-State prospective student, I am shocked at the lack of merit scholarships at all so far. The Scholarship Universe thing only shows one possible scholarship option that I am eligible for, the amount of money it is supposed to give is very little. If the University gives no merit aid, it is senseless for me to attend. Its competitors (Purdue and Ohio State) give large scholarships that match that of my in-state schools. If they offer our class no merit aid, I think they will have a much smaller out-of-state population than previous years.

1 Like

We got the letter. Ours was a loan, so I guess that means we have to negotiate with the dean???

Interesting, please do update. I’m very curious what’s going on with these. I mean technically they have 2 more days. Does anyone have an idea how roughly how many merit scholarships are offered?

Have you heard anything yet about being awarded any scholarships for engineering majors? Haven’t heard anything, so assuming didn’t get any, but wanted to check if anyone got any.