University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

I hope that’s true. I can’t stand the wait :confused:

UGA has a first round which is strictly by the numbers, so if she really wants to go let them know, the second round is holistic. OOS Tuition is reasonable. Right now that’s my D’s #1., we are in FL so haven’t heard from Wisc.

Thank you for the info @covcoll

Yes, my D got the same email too. Basically we need to send in the mid sem grades once they are available. Fingers crossed.

Got in yesterday
Major: Computer Science
International, India
IB Score on latest transcript 45/45
SAT 1570
SAT Subjects: Math2(800), Physics(800)
APs: CalcBC(5), PhyCMech(5), CompSciA(4)

@Jen136 All incoming freshman students who apply to UW Madison and indicate a business area of interest as their first choice of major are automatically considered for direct admission to the Undergraduate Program. UW started doing this a few years ago.

Interviews weren’t given for CS Majors too

Yup, no interview for me.

Is direct admission into business competitive or difficult?

I got about 15k/year merit from every other UW-Madison-caliber school I applied to. I got direct admission into business. How likely is it for me to receive merit aid at Wisconsin? I am not applying for need-based aid.

8% of undergrads at UW Madison are awarded any kind of merit aid. About 2% get the big awards (Mercile Lee and Powers-Knapp) for URM and kids from low-income families. Then there is a modest award for National Merit Semi finalists that is just awarded for one year only. The remaining awards seem to come from the colleges or departments and might be pretty small.

The acceptance rate for their business school is 35%

At Wisconsin you need to separately apply for scholarships through the scholarship hub on the website (I also think there is a link in your portal). School-awarded grants based your main application range from very small ($4k/yr) to non-existent.

Deferred from Minnesota
3.62 UW (4.00 senior year so far)
29 ACT (34E/27M/24R/31S)
5 APs & 2 PSEO classes
Many sports & clubs (including political organization outside of school)
Applied to CALS

My daughter was oos class of 2024 and deferred the third Friday night of December. We assumed she wouldn’t get in, but later she spoke to admissions. They said they would not defer unless she had a good chance of getting in. The second week of March she received a notice she was accepted.

Sadly, merit based financial aid is scarce for oos students. She applied for a dozen UW scholarships and didn’t receive a dime.

She loves it, even with Covid drama changing everything.

6 Likes

our AO office tells us to look at deferrals that they like what they see, they just need more time or more data (semester grades). That tracks too with what you said.

So does anyone think tonight for the people who haven’t heard? Or tomorrow? Or January…

what were your daughters stats??

I’m not sure UGA is in her top at this point. I’m going to encourage her to upload semester grades - looking good right now with finals coming up. She also took the ACT again on the 12th hoping to up her composite score, mostly for improved merit at a different school, but can’t hurt to update that if she does well.

3.7 gpa weighted 33 ACT @hatnocap

According to their admission office on a phone call 3 days ago later January.