University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

Do we know whether there were any subsequent decisions released after that first wave a couple days ago?

I haven’t heard of any yet. Still waiting in Illinois

1 Like

Still waiting in DC

Same

Waiting in IL.

1 Like

I called the other day and they said decisions are released by state/region and would come out in the next couple weeks.

5 Likes

:worried: I have a feeling my state(Texas) will be one of the last decisions to come out

1 Like

anyone know when massachusetts might come out?

have not heard yet, OOS OH. worrying a little bit about hearing some people i know in other states getting deffered.

1 Like

Is it expected that more decisions will come out tonight or this weekend?

I think there is still a chance for the rest to hear tonight at 7cst

Just checked my portal, nothing yet.

(from PA)

I don’t think we’ll hear anything until January.

3 Likes

Accepted
In-State
Didn’t send in ACT or SAT
GPA UW 3.73/W school doesn’t do weighted
4AP’s, 1 honors class(only 2 honors classes), took a lot of accelerated classes
EC: related to my major and had leadership in almost all of them
Strong Essays
Major: Interior Architecture/School of Human Ecology
Seen acceptance on the 15th evening

1 Like

DS was deferred a few days back.
Major: Business Finance - Direct to Business School
OOS
SAT 1440
Weighted GPA 4.3, UW 3.85
AP’s and Honors Course thru out the year, competitve public highschool
Varsity sports, Leadership, Debate club, volunteer organization, leadership positions, NHS, part time work.

Any suggestions on next steps? I assume this is because they want to see his First sem grades from Senior year? Should we also right now a LOCI or wait till first sem grades? Any other suggestions?

Still nothing here, OOS letters & science sociology major. I know they have until late January to respond to EA applications, but is there any chance they’ll send some out this week? Do they close till 2021?

We are in-state, and my daughter still hasn’t heard anything. Any other in-state people who haven’t heard?

Sara Harberson just talked about this on her Instagram Live yesterday. She has some great advice for those deferred:

1. Wait until the first couple of weeks in January to write your letter of CI. Right now, she says to take a break or finish up regular decision applications.
  2. Keep it to one page max, single spaced.
  3. If you have updates, tell them something new you’ve accomplished since you submitted your application.
  4. If your son would 100% percent enroll if admitted, she says the student should make a direct statement about this in the letter.

You can go on her Instagram and watch the recording for complete details. It would be worth watching to get it straight from her versus my summary! :grinning:

3 Likes

My daughter is waiting oos in Utah but two of her WI friends got in who applied to business, 1 was deferred for business and another in state friend who applied under general studies has not heard. I don’t think any additional decisions have been sent since last Tuesday.

1 Like