University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

do u know who we send the letter to? is the letter sent by mail, or do we email it to someone?

The deferral letter itself might have info relevant to this?

My D from Georgia heard nothing yet.
GPA UW 3.5 SAT 1510.
She already got in BU from ED.
Her elder sister was accepted by UW Madison 2 years ago GPA 3.7 SAT 1530, but she went UGA instead

I thought you had to withdraw all other applications when you get accepted somewhere ED?

2 Likes

please tell your daughter to withdrawal her application from UW since she got into BU!! The spot can allow deferred/waitlisted applicants who really want to go to UW to be accepted!!

5 Likes

Accepted on 12/15
OOS, competitive high school
ACT 35, SAT II Chem 780, SAT II Math 2 800
GPA UW 3.94/4.23W (only one semester of junior grades due to covid)
4AP’s (school does not offer APs till junior year), 6 honors class, lots of accelerated classes
not many ECs: a few jobs, an internship related to major, 200 hours of community service, 11 years of a sport
Major: Biochemistry

@jjandj IF YOUR CHILD WAS ACCEPTED ED - SHE NEEDS TO PULL THE OTHER APPLICATIONS NOW. ( YOU POSTED THAT YOU ARE STILL WAITING ON ANOTHER SCHOOL TOO). SHE IS POTENTIALLY TAKING A SPOT THAT SHE IS NOT GOING TO USE.

5 Likes

@beanbag7603 YOU DO! THIS IS NOT THE ONLY SCHOOL THAT SHE HAS POSTED THIS ON.

1 Like

Nothing in CT yet. I wonder if we will hear before Christmas?

If BU finds out you have not withdrawn apps they can rescind their offer. Plus, it is generally a horrible thing to do since you know you are not going to the other schools to keep your application in play. Your child got their first choice.

6 Likes

Maybe the person admitted to BU has not found out their financial aid offer from BU yet and is not sure whether they can attend. We could give benefit of the doubt. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah i told her to withdraw yesterday. So she won’t take any spot not needed.

1 Like

Did the deferral letter give an email to contact with updates or mid-year grades? I’ve never been able to find out who the admissions officers are by searching the school’s admission site, which may mean they don’t want to be contacted individually. All inquiries had to go to a generic admissions email. You could also call admissions after the New Year and ask who to send it to or where to submit it. My nephew was deferred several years ago. He and his dad (an alum) made an appointment with admissions (or maybe stopped in) in the spring and talked face to face with someone. Within a week or two, an acceptance letter arrived. I realize that it’s not practical or possible for people to have a face to face, but if Wisconsin is a top choice, I think showing strong interest may help. Good luck and let us know what you find out. :smiley:

1 Like

I am a bit confused. So WM-Madison has admitted some EA students already although the stated notification date is by January 31. And others students have been notified that they were deferred from EA to RD. Have there been any rejections?

Yes I saw some rejections someone called the AO there and they said they were being released by region/state

Thank you. So I guess for now No news is good news

1 Like

Correct. We are in the NY, NJ and CT region which all released decisions early I heard.

We’re in CT & I don’t think any EA decisions have been released for us yet. Reading through earlier posts in this thread, it sounds like a random selection of states that had heard so far, but not CT.

We are also in CT and haven’t gotten a decision yet either.

Shouldn’t you withdraw your Wisconsin application if your D got into BU ED??

1 Like