University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

Even some out of state applicants got decisions on 12/15.

anyone know if they’re coming out soon?

no clue. im just gonna check on friday at 8

I would check every day this week at 7pm (central). You never know!

I agree. First round of decisions came on a Tuesday night. Doesn’t hurt to check every night this week. Hopefully they don’t wait until Sunday
longest week ever.

Will we receive an email that decisions have been posted?

This is complete speculation but I would bet that tonight is the night they announce:

(they are having an online event tomorrow at 6 via twitter - can’t include the link here)

Why else have a prospective and admitted student online event on Wednesday if they plan to announce a few days later? All the kids who get accepted will want to attend and renew their interest tomorrow.

But I could be completely wrong. It is an odd year. Good luck all.

3 Likes

I looked up that event- seems to be for both prospective and admitted students. I do really hope you’re right! :slight_smile:

I hope you are right, this is getting a bit frustrating. My daughter applied EA to a few other Big 10 schools – Iowa, Indiana and Ohio State – and has already been accepted and, in some cases, received scholarship notification.

Seems that being delayed for so long would put Wisconsin at a competitive disadvantage when compared to some of their public, peer universities.

1 Like

Why? RD students don’t hear until March and EA students don’t have to give decisions until May 1st.

I’m sorry to be pessimistic but that doesn’t really show anything. They already had an event for the College of Letters and Sciences on Monday the 25th

I have no idea if it means anything or not. But (in contrast to Wednesday’s event) the 1/25 event was for prospective students, not admitted students.

2 Likes

just check your portal in about an hour or so and we should see if it’ll be tonight or not!

That is essentially asking why students apply ED as opposed to RD . . . and there are several reasons. Personally, we’ve visited schools that she’s been admitted to already (but skipped Madison in lieu of an admitted school), we have a good handle on scholarship availability (we’re already looking at external scholarships for some schools), we’ve started housing applications at other schools, we’re doing admitted student only online events, zoom calls with department representatives, etc. In short, we’re way ahead of the process as opposed to RD applicants.

Additionally, one weird thing has occurred with respect to Wisconsin and scholarships. Their scholarship application due date is 2/1 . . . due to the late release of EA acceptances, essentially every EA student is forced to submit a scholarship application without knowing if they’re accepted (which means at least one additional essay for the applicant, if I remember correctly). It may not sound like much, but when you’re applying to 6, 7, 8 schools, and sometimes doing one or more separate scholarship applications for each school, it is annoying to have to complete to application when you don’t know if you’re in. Another perk of (normally) of filing EA.

2 Likes

Nothing on my portal

1 Like

Nothing on mine either

i’m waiting till 830 cause that’s when they’ve released in the past. but after that it’s a no go

1 Like

8:30 EST or CST?

est. so 12 mins

Nope