University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

We are also OOS and did not get the to-do list either. We also applied for scholarship. Good luck to you!

In-state and applied for scholarships. Seeing the New student and course enroll/advising options on portal.

“They” are watching this forum and realized we are onto them! :grin:

1 Like

well, i feel better now ha ha

Just to add to the insanity, when I log into my son’s portal, I get an error message saying that I am not authorized to access it. When I retry immediately after, I get in and all looks normal (OOS, no “new student enrollment” tab). I know it is just a system update that is going on but system updates is suggestive that they are preparing to send out a wave soon? Maybe they’ll let the in-state people know in December.

1 Like

This happened to me when I logged into my son’s too - yesterday the new student tab was there but after the person posted about the tweet to admissions, the button was gone and now when I log in I get the error message too. I can also retry again and I get the usual buttons (without the new student button) but now when I click on “homepage” and then “student center” it is completely blank where it used to show the date of his application submission and major. Sigh

1 Like

@vamom7 you are from VA? Us too.

California

@stacysmom21 Yes! Crossing fingers for a scholarship to defray OOS tuition.

totally

Has anyone heard anything about UMichigan EA decision release date?

2 Likes

they have historically released close to UW decision dat

My sons “new student to do list” was there yesterday but gone today also. Did anyone who saw it yesterday still see it today?

There yesterday, but gone today. :crazy_face:

Last year decisions were released on the 21st
hopefully that is when we will know by.

I’m confused because there is the portal which was set up after we submitted our application, and then there’s this “Myuw” other ppl have that has the new student thing etc
what’s the difference?

I think this a feature always there. Even it is new feature, no need to roll out by batch. It is not email that can jam the server. If it is on, there is a flag such that some users will see it, others won’t.

Since people have anxious inquires, UW prohibit the feature system-wise. This is my speculation.

For OOS not seeing the tile or what not, no need to worry, I don’t think the process is far from complete.

On argument that UW is more prepared this year for large amount of applicants, what can UW do? They won’t have budget to hire more staff (just for one or 2 months) They are prepared by moving the date to end of Jan. It doesn’t mean they won’t release some or all result sooner. Lower expectation and overachieving the goal.

It is interesting after the EA result is out , students list
Accepted/Deferred/Rejected
State
ACT/SAT/Optional
GPA UW/W
EC
Seen the tile 12/14 evening (Y/N)?

Just checked my portal and it gave me a number for the Expected Family Contribution under the Financial Aid tab but nothing about the new student to do list. (Im from MN)

Apparently some people are getting acceptances this evening in NY.

Check your portals!! I just got in!! I was just checking and boom there it was! (I’m in-state) good luck everyone :)))

3 Likes