University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

DS accepted for Mechanical Eng
Wisconsin
3.9 UW
Top 10%
Test optional

Son accepted - direct admit to business school. From California
4.0 gpa, no test scores, a lot of extra curriculars and 9 AP. Good luck to all still waiting.

I see so many acceptances wo test scores. Do you think it was a mistake to send scores? We live in Florida and most tests weren’t canceled. By the way my daughter has not heard, just worried now.

I’ll let my daughter answer. She is cramming for finals tomorrow.

I don’t know her exact stats. 3.9 something UW, 9 or 10 AP classes, 2 varsity sports, editor-in-chief of school paper, 6 years NCL, Girl Scout Gold Award. Tons of community service, leadership, etc

1 Like

This is part of the letter:
“Deferred applicants have the potential for success at UW-Madison, however, we would like to review mid-year grades and other supporting material (if provided) prior to making a final decision. Further support your application by self-reporting mid-year or trimester grades as soon as they are available and no later than Monday, February 15. Instructions will be emailed to you in January.You may also update your admissions file with additional information such as new activities and recent
honors or awards. Our admissions committee will re-review your application and you will receive an admissions decision by the end of March.”

At least until January we can apply for bunches of scholarships, and see what happens
 I hope your daughter’s ok with the deferment

I would say today. This year decisions are sent quite early. In the past it was usually Friday afternoon.

1 Like

Will my Florida baby make it? Lol

Accepted(around 9hours ago) from India

Major:Computer Science(College of Arts and Sciences)

ACT: 36/36

SAT Subject Test: Maths 2 and Chemistry-800/800

Grades: 10th-96.6%(School 3rd, All India CS Topper); 11th-94%(Both mid year and finals-school topper); 12th-99.25%(School Topper); Unfortunately, school does not report rank, but says top 5%(I have been the subject topper in all subjects, so I made 2 of my teachers put that in their LORs)

APs-I just gave the papers, as my school follows the Indian board ICSE/ISC and does not offer classes. Calculus BC, Physics C Mechanics, Chemistry, Computer Science A, and EVS-all 5

ECs: I did a lot of STEM related work. Full details regarding my profile is available on my site here: https://www.arhaanaggarwal.com/

Essays: I think I wrote a decent Wisconsin Essay which showed a good amount of interest. My Common App Essay was very good .

LORs: I submitted recs from my CS(teacher taught me in 9th, 11th, and 12th) and Chemistry(teacher taught me in 11th and 12th) teachers. They both loved me, and I am sure that my CS rec was extraordinary, and even my Chemistry rec would’ve been pretty good(as good as the teacher could’ve given). According to the Chemistry teacher it was the best rec she had ever written. The only thing I see with my recs is that my CS rec was around 3-4 pages long.

Who all from India got their decisions, and who all got in(just curious)??

Does anyone know when will University of Michigan-Ann Arbor and Georgia Tech results come out for International kids?

Connecticut and nothing yet. Applied mid October.

Georgia - nothing yet. Someone posted that it is about 10 degrees up in Wisconsin. Seriously questioning whether my darling son realized just how cold it gets there when he applied!

I got in from India as well. Got into college of L&S for CS

That’s pretty cool. Is it true that a lot of kinds from India have not heard till now?? I know a lot of my batch mates and friends haven’t heard till now. @Stilletos02d what were your profile and stats like??

We don’t seem to have any update on status. Submitted mid-October. michigan.

In the past, have the results been released in batches, few states at a time? a few international students have also received decisions, very tough to see the pattern!

It seemed not the case last year. All EA applicants got notified in a single batch. Hopefully, all results are coming out soon.

1 Like

are decisions typically released late evenings?

1 Like

My daughter sent scores (both 28) and was admitted last night, I do not think sending was a mistake! Good Luck to her!!!

2 Likes

does anyone know UW-Madison defers a lot of people? And within the deferrals is it more common to get rejected or accepted?

1 Like

We just got an email saying they are still in the process of reviewing applications and will be doing so through late January. I guess they got tons of calls today

5 Likes