University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

We got the same email. I have to say I much prefer the release all on one day because I feel this way it creates unnecessary stress and anxiety among the kids who don’t hear and wondering what that means.

6 Likes

I’m not sure I agree. Personally I feel better knowing they’re not rushing through them & will give my daughter’s & others applications the attention they deserve. The waiting is definitely agonizing :rage:

We got the same e-mail too. It seems inherently unfair that the school would only release decisions from certain states (NY/NJ/CA/MN/WI) and India, and not include a sampling of applicants from 45 other states in that release. Because of that, it seems to me that they have to release more decisions in December. Do others agree?

2 Likes

Nothing on portal as of last night (we are in the South). Do not know if D got an email today like others have. She didn’t submit scores as she didn’t get a super score she felt ok about until after the EA deadline. Does anyone know if test optional applicants can submit scores if deferred?

About being incredibly cold in WI…I don’t think my D has any clue of just how cold it can get up north. People complain if it drops below 50 here :crazy_face:

1 Like

For those applying to the business school - directly accepted OR offered pre-business…did you do that interview with the current business student?

I think they know what states couldn’t test - we are from Southern California - my son was scheduled to take ACT and SAT every month from February through October and all dates were cancelled so I think the admissions counselors understand testing at least in Southern California (unless you did in fall of your junior year or took it in another state) - wasn’t happening.

1 Like

DS is in NY and no notification but did get the email today. We just have to wait patiently…

My son (from CA) was directly admitted to business school but he did not interview - we weren’t aware of that option.

Daughter Accepted last night from California.
GPA 4.46 w 3.96 uw
No Test Score Submitted
Typical combo of honors/APs (no AP scores submitted)
Admitted to Letters and Science (Psychology)
UW-Madison is her TOP CHOICE!
No Merit Aid/Award granted!!

1 Like

That was me…high of around 28 degrees today (a heat wave)! My daughter also applied to UGA, but was deferred. She really wants to head south, but can’t deny that our flagship is an amazing school, especially for her major. Keeping it in the mix, for sure.

1 Like

As a WI resident and taxpayer, those posting about their full rides has me kind of like :grimacing:. I mean - congratulations! That is amazing!

It’s nice to think they are going to show their own some love, but I’ve heard that UW isn’t very generous with merit aid, even for in state residents. Not holding my breath here for any help, even though the cost of attendance is above our EFC.

Congrats! What was her ACT?

Another southerner here. No decision yet. Daughter did get the general email this morning from admissions. Sounds like process may really stretch out until end of Jan… How much longer does it take to look at an app with a test score than one without a test score? Seems it would create a lot more goodwill to release all together than create unnecessary anxiety by releasing in random batches. Maybe I’m missing something.

1 Like

My daughter did not submit an SAT/ACT score. She took the test optional option for each school she applied to.

Accepted!
Applied 10/16
CA Student
Biology Major
No SAT or ACT
4.2 W / 3.92 UW
4 Honors Classes / 6 AP classes
Great extracurriculars: 200+ volunteer hours, student gov VP, sports, etc

1 Like

I’d rather they spend more time reading the essays & teacher recs so I don’t mind waiting.

I don’t mind waiting, but I don’t understand why they, like other schools, can’t wait until all decisions are made before releasing them. A lot of other schools did that (as has Wisconsin) and it seems to be the least stressful on the applicants because at least you know on X date you will find out and you don’t have to read into what it means that everyone else has heard but you.

2 Likes

I was directly admitted from California as well and didn’t have an interview.

I wonder if there are any decisions that are being posted today vs last night (in other words, does it make sense to keep checking the portal…!)

1 Like

Isn’t that letter a deferral letter?