Unofficial Purdue Class of 2020 EA Applicant Thread

I missed the ED deadline, I totally blanked :frowning: If I send it in by Wednesday, how do you think it’ll affect my chances compared to people who applied earlier? I really want to get into the school of engineering. I know I missed the financial merit deadline, it’s okay though.

@ayylmao1 If you were applying to anything other than engineering then I would say you are fine but engineering is already very competitive and applying later will hurt your chances. The scale of the disadvantage depends on your stats. I’m sorry to say this but if you have average stats you probably wont get in.

@nobelcollegekid My GPA is kinda low but right in the average for accepted Purdue undergrads, I have high test scores, and I go to a very competitive school in the northeast. Ugh, I feel awful. I’m sending it in tonight. :confused:

@ayylmao1 Hey, anything can happen. Definitely apply.

@dancing1 hey, I got into Krannert too for Economics. What did you get in for?

I applied on 28th October to Purdue for business and got accepted in 3 days. It has been an amazing experience. Has anybody else been accepted to Business? :slight_smile:

What is the expected admission decision release for EA applicants?

My status says under committee review does that mean I will get my result soon?

@NinjaTurtle1 can you share your stats please.

Do they email you when they release a decision?

@nobelcollegekid You will receive an email with your decision. That’s how I got mine

@dancing1 @NinjaTurtle1 I also was accepted into Krannert! I’m an Accounting major :slight_smile:
2170 SAT (740 CR, 800 M, 630 W)
4.16 GPA
13 APs (including this year, was an AP scholar with distinction)
And I’m an extracurricular gal, so I play field hockey, played clarinet in wind ensemble, worked at Trader Joe’s, volunteer with a nursery program & various camps, am Commissioner of Sports in ASB, and also hold a 3rd degree black belt from taekwondo. Its craziness I know. :slight_smile:

Good luck to everyone else!! #BoilUp

@texangal
Here are my stats -
My SAT is extremely low at 1870 (super scored) and I didn’t give any Subject tests. I’m an international student and my GPA has been around 9.6 on 10 and I’m also a gap year student so I already have my 12th grade scores in which my rank was in the top 1% of my entire state which is the most populous state of India. My rank in my school was 15/960. I also have interned for an entire year at a business firm and taught at a school for underprivileged for an entire year and have my own entrepreneurial business set up. I have been a part of the student council and a dancer. My essays are definitely my strongest point and recommendation letters should be pretty good.

I just got accepted into the college of engineering.

ACT 33 E32 M33 R31 S36 Writing8
GPA: 3.69 weighted
4 AP classes AP euro, AP Gov, AP CALC AB, AP Physics 1
8, maybe 9, honors classes
no class rank
Extra Curriculars: Lacrosse, volunteering (100+ hours), and designing and building model aircraft
Ohio Resident
Essays: My regular essay was really good (all my teachers that read it thought it was great), I would say that the supplemental essays were average.
Teacher recommendations: My Honors Physics teacher wrote it. I had originally struggled in his class but ended up doing the best in his class and teaching some of my peers how to do things. My counselor recomendation was probably pretty good because she is an engish teacher.

Congrats @BDonnyOhio !

Also, is anyone else having a problem checking their application status? When I log in and click “fall 2016” like usual, I get directed to an error page. The message says:

"
Gone

/prod/bwskasta.P_DispStatusSaradap has been permanently removed from this server.

"

@jfleit18 That could be a browser problem. Try using a different browser this also happened to me before I got acceped

accepted

Congratulations @BDonnyOhio When did you apply?

@Hydrangea55 I applied on October 14. At least that’s when all my stuff was sent out.

I’m just admitted to computer science yesterday! It’s my first offer!