Unofficial Purdue Class of 2020 EA Applicant Thread

@H454482 Congrats! There have been a handful of CS acceptances so far. It felt really good for my S to get the Purdue acceptance this early, no matter what else happens with his other apps, since it’s such a good program.

@H454482 Stats?

@nobelcollegekid SAT 2190, T109, I’m an international student, and I have good ECs related to cs.

Accepted just today through email. All-girls private school, we don’t rank.
30 ACT
3.4 GPA
extensive extracurriculars, including president of school as big highlight,
going for comp sci
african american (obviously female)
Only 5 APs but we only offer like 10-15
jr year GPA alone, weighted, 4.33
from Ohio
Common App was stellar, supps were maybe a little generic but as specific as possible with programs

@jazbak When did you apply? Congrats!

Can anyone tell me when I might get my decision? I applied on the 26th of October

@McKilla99 I applied on Oct. 27th and have yet to receive an email, but I logged in today and it said I was admitted. So it’s worth checking periodically I suppose.

@McKilla99 - Daughter applied on Oct 19th and status changed to ‘offer admission’ yesterday. Good luck!

My son’s decision took about 4 weeks.

Anyone know when scholarship/honors college decisions come out? Or do they come with the admissions decisions

@Resonated I was going to ask the same thing. I was already accepted and my decision letter is available online, but I see nothing about merit scholarships or the honors college. Maybe it will come in the packet they send to my house?

The Trustees scholarship will come out in January, the Presidential in February and the rest in March. It’s I n their scholarship website.

Accepted into Biology, my major being microbiology

Stats:
ACT- 31 composite
GPA- 4.7/8 weighted, 3.9/8 unweighted
Class Rank- 7/388
EC- Around 7, including 400+ hours of community service

And out of state.

@Spike2k2 @Hydrangea55 Thanks, I guess I’ll just have to wait for a few days then. Which majors btw? I applied for first year engineering

@McKilla99 - First Year Engineering :slight_smile:

Hi I applied to Purdue on 31st. Has anyone who applied on 31st heard back from them?

@Arsenalfan123 all my documents were sent in by the 31st, and I have yet to receive a decision.

@abbeyaji Does yours also state under committee review?

Does Purdue send out rejection decisions or just deferrals. I got deferred asking for 7th semester grades. Is that a standard response for people not admitted or do I stand a chance?

@Arsenalfan123 it still says “complete ready for review”