***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

all we know is that we will hear of the scholarship decisions by april 1st.

Aawwwhhhh, thanks teddyh.

Do rejection letters get sent via priority mail???

What are you all’s safety schools? For the record, mine were UCLA, UCB, UCD, and UCSC. (I have a geographical advantage.)

Do you guys think it’s possible they send decisions out on Wednesday and Thursday is just a “just in case” day? Because the whole point is for applicants to get the decision in the mail and most of the country is a 3 day area so most of the country would find out on the portal.

@collegegirl33 Some people are going to get their acceptances/rejections on Thursday, but I expect that the large majority will receive their mail on Friday and throughout the week. There might be rare cases where you receive your admission status shortly after you view your admission results online.

@sheepishly if they said they’re mailing it out Thursday how is anyone gonna get it Thursday? Unless you think they are mailing it Wednesday or even earlier

Will 1 day zone people get their package March 23rd?

USC is the only school I want to attend… I am so scared now after getting rejected from UCLA!!!

@Egga I live 30 minutes away from USC

When did USC mail out acceptances last year? A Wed or Thurs?

@emli8100 I think Wednesday

For the last few years, they posted a picture on Facebook of all the packets in the postal bins and the admissions team bidding them adieu, as they head out to the truck - we should see them go Thursday which is what they have posted, so no reason not to believe that is the day… but if they go a day early (which people are hoping but they did post the 23rd as mail day) we should know when they leave exactly. Coming early would only be fantastic, but waiting an extra day can be torture. Plan on them being mailed Thursday, as USC has said that day, and to avoid further torture.

The last few years, yes, they went out on a Wednesday (but don’t recall them posting ahead of time when they were going) and the first to report getting one was 10am the next day in socal. Nothing the day they go out unless they do the surprise delivery of a few acceptance packages which they have been known to do. Like Publisher’s Clearing House, how fun would that be?! Good luck all and Fight On!

What if they mail them a day early and the people who are accepted receive their packages a day earlier than expected? THAT would be the surprise they’re looking for, hahaha :slight_smile:

^^^We can all dream and hope…but plan on Thursday mailing. :slight_smile: They are in charge here, we just anxiously wait for them to make their move.

Is it true that rejections are sent through regular mail (not priority) so we would receive them later in the week?

@roonilwazlib100 yes

Im curious if anyone knows if we will get the package on the east coast before the portal opens up?
Of course I mean if it is an acceptance.

So wait, we should then get our acceptance letter (if we get it) March 24th? Or am I just confused…

Does anyone know what will happen if the acceptance package can’t fit in the mailbox? My mailbox is extremely small and I’m positive it won’t fit in there…