***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@WWWard Good luck to you and your daughter. I think your family wants it as much as anyone here. You’ve provided a lot of positive feedback about the school from a parent’s point of view that has been helpful. We’re waiting on a decision too, but aren’t quite so vested in it because the finances may not work out. But the journey has been a good learning experience about the kind of school USC has become.

Thanks, @youcee

@“Georgia Girl”
Sorry to hear about your injury but so glad to see you back, it has been too long! Are you still a tennis fan?

Do the packages come by regular mail or separate delivery?

USPS regular mail. Chug.

@youcee

As for finances, I would not pre-judge until you see the FA offering. In 2014, UMiami and USC were and are basically still private universities with roughly the same total cost of attendance. But, after receiving the FA packages from each, UM would have been a full 3 times the expected family contribution in order to attend there vs what USC was. This week, the very same thing occurred. The UM FA package for my younger daughter leaves way too much for the family to pay… basically it is the exact same # as for my older daughter in 2014 - and it apparently does not even take into consideration the fact that two kids in our family will be in college next year.

My point is… do not yet pre-judge what the USC FA package may look like… should an admission decision arrive. They are much better at meeting demonstrated financial need than private universities like NYU and UMiami. They are IMO not quite where Stanford and the Ivies are… but they are much closer on the spectrum to them than not.

Good Luck

That’s really reassuring to hear about the aid. I am terrified that I will get in and not be able to afford it. That’d almost be worse than getting rejected in my mind.

@WWWard Their NPC was not encouraging, basically twice what our EFC is. Hoping for a miracle though!

would it mean anything when you click on the financial aid thing if it asks you to select a year??

No. Everyone has that.

@atnite720 nope…On a few posts back, people commented that the same thing was happening to them. I think that USC just changed the format for everyone.

@filmstudent2 While everyone’s situation is clearly different, it worked out for us in 2014. And if my daughter gets in, I am hopeful it works out again. At least USC cannot pretend to not be aware that we would have two kids in college simultaneously.

As you put it… that would really be disappointing to not be able to attend a college you want to simply based on finances.

My daughter was admitted to UTexas many weeks ago (like 6 or 7), and we are still waiting on FA. Every time she checks, it says check back in two weeks. But we are sort of expecting that to be the case there… i.e. too expensive to even consider… like UMiami was.

Good Luck

Any international applicant here who can tell me how will we receive our decision? Email or postal mail? My portal isn’t showing any updates.

@qaz12345rfv chug. Check your portal on Sunday.

https://insta***gram.com/p/BR_a1mFjTjP/
mail post is up on instagram

For those awaiting Scholarship Interview Decisions my friend said admissions snapchat said tomorrow morning. Anyone else heard this?

@uscfan17 heard the same

On their instagram post, why are some packages wrapped in yellow??

@qaz12345rfv DHL some will arrive by Saturday or check portal. Chug.

@collegekid171 probably to protect the white boxes over long distances? or maybe they’re all wrapped in yellow.