***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

I appreciated the Soup Nazi reference too @CADREAMIN :slight_smile:

a little confusedā€¦lets say I dont get a merit scholarship Jan 20thā€¦ do they at least tell me if I got in or not? If I dont get the Merit scholarship, will they just tell me I have to wait until march like the rest?

Note: read the above comments got the answer. THanks

Yes,if you donā€™t get at around 1/20, you have to wait until end of March.

youSC site is down now? I can log-in but canā€™t go to any status pages from there.

sorry now it looks fineā€¦

@backyard Did you apply after Dec. 1st? Iā€™m pretty sure all of us on here that applied by Dec. 1st got that a while ago, it was discussed a number of pages back.

@backyard I did as well

@backyard we got that booklet a couple of weeks ago.

Hey, just wondering do any of you know who reads your application? Is it solely or at least partly the admissions counsellor who is assigned to your school/area? Or will it be someone else entirely?

I added this one small anecdote to my essay that I know my counselor might relate to and like, but it might seem fairly random to any of the other admissions counselors!

Thanks

Omg is it bad that I havenā€™t received the booklet and I live in Orange County :(?

I got the financial aid letter. It was written on Dec. 9, received three days ago (I live in Korea, Department of Defense military base)

Yes, I applied before Dec 1st and got it awhile ago.

Here is a link to an interesting article about the USC admissions process. http://tfm.usc.edu/a-guide-to-uscs-college-admissions-process/

We are about 7 days out from mailing day, and there hasnā€™t been any talk this year from anyone about seeing changes to their portal like there was in past years. Has anyone who applied by Dec.1 seen anything different about their portal? Like it changed to say your application has been forwarded to committee for review, or changed to say they require your midyear grades, or anything? Has USC finally fixed all their portal bugs/hints, or is everyone just not reporting it here? My portal has never changed from the original ā€œit appears we require no additional information at this timeā€.

@HopingForUSC There is a section on my portal where I can submit my mid-year grades.

@HopingForUSC They all likely appear the same. Differentials would be interesting. For comparative purposes, my daughterā€™s saysā€¦

"You can track the status of your application here. Check back periodically to see any new information that is requested. Please be aware that all final admission decisions are sent via postal mail. If you are using the Safari browser on a Mac computer or iPhone and experiencing problems viewing a message, please try an alternate browser such as Chrome.

We have received your Common Application and USC Supplement, and it appears we require no additional information at this time. We will be reviewing applications through the month of March, and we expect to be able to meet our commitment to notify freshmen by April 1st. We often like to see the mid-year grades of freshman applicants. If you have not already done so, please submit your final, fall term marks when they become available. Submit a Mid Year Report school form, or click ā€œMid-Year Gradesā€ in youSC. Sometimes, in the course of our review of applications, we find that we need additional information. In such cases we will email a request. If you receive a request for more information, please respond promptly."

Is yours the same?

The only thing she noticed recently was a new FinAid Form to fill out as on Jan 10th.

It looks the counselor already uploaded mid-year report to Comm App. And it shows on the USC portal as ā€œreceived materialsā€. In this case, does the applicant still need to fill out and self report the mid year report form? I would think not but want to ask here.

@WWWard Yeah, thatā€™s the only thing Iā€™ve ever seen mine say. Months ago I looked through the 2020 discussion thread and people were talking about changes they were seeing with their portals a few weeks before scholarship decisions came out. And thereā€™s been nothing about it this year. They must have fixed everything causing the changes. @theringoinfinite Everyone has the midyear link. Has your portal changes to say they actually require your midyears?

@HopingForUSC No, but I assume that everything they ask for is required.

Portals wonā€™t change with anything that matters until the big update, I have the admitted and not admitted portal changes from last year, was thinking of posting them at some point but donā€™t want to make anyone crazy, or should I say crazier? :slight_smile:

@CADREAMIN ahh post them!! or pm me them please if youā€™d like to spare everyone