***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

So would it be possible to hear back this week, even if you didn’t receive any big scholarship interview invitation but you applied by Dec. 1?

So what time tomorrow?

Ah, oops, I was counting from today instead of Monday when packages were sent in my earlier predictions on portal. So if they are saying the 26th, past behavior means it would be 1am Wednesday night/early Thursday morning. At least that is the time they updated in the last several years. That would be great if it is done then and not taking any longer.

But heck, they sent stuff out on a Monday for the first time in forever, so who the heck knows? But that is my guess.

I do wonder if the inclement weather in socal Fri-Sun did in fact influence the decision to go with Monday, if the 20th was just too early, or they simply decided to change it up. Will make it harder to guess next year, ugh!

Where did the results thread go? I saw someone post a link to it about an hour ago but now it’s gone and I can’t find it anywhere on CC

@callmegray Yes they have been know to go to the doors of select students in SoCal with their acceptance package. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsiym94B0bU (This is from the spring season decisions but there are videos out there of them delivering in late January as well)

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-southern-california/1957315-usc-class-of-2021-results-only.html#latest

I have it saved! Hope this works

@helloclassof2017 Everyone who applied by the December 1st deadline will be able to check their portal (expected to be updated by the 26th) which will either repeat the information that was relayed in the acceptance packages (only mailed to students who have been given the 1/4 scholarship or who are being considered for the 1/2 or full tuition scholarships), or repeat the information that will be relayed in the letters that I am assuming will be sent out in the near future (mailed to students who did not receive/ are not being considered for a scholarship, but who’s applications are still being considered for acceptance/rejection notification in March)

@Pingydpong you’ll still def get into USC though!!!

Wow the delivering thing is so sweet

RIP I didn’t get anything in the mail. San Diego here

@TikopiaRock28 I believe San Diegans will start receiving tomorrow :slight_smile:

My D just received an email to apply for a Topping scholarship? Do you think this means no merit scholarship?

Honestly I think so. A few other people I know got the same email (I got in back in December)
To even be eligible for the Topping scholarship you can’t be up for consideration for the big merit scholarships

Darn, thank you! I will be sure she applies.

Does anyone know if with a 34 and a 4.4 i even have a chance at usc? I’m nervous af

@llewengineering , No, you have no chance whatsoever.

@llewengineering - your stats sound great. I think you have a very good chance. I am sure you have plenty of choices!

@llewengineering I got finalist for Presidential with a 34 and a 3.95 unweighted
youre fine

lol @hickey

I got the Topping scholarship email, too. Super super bummed if getting it means no shot at the early scholarships is how it works :frowning: