***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

what is everyone hoping to study??

@wormholes glad it worked out for you. I honestly don’t even remember making my USC portal I think I did it over the summer.

anyone know how to submit research to usc

I submitted my Common App on Nov 30 still have not received info for setting up the portal. Anyone else in the same situation

My D’s application went in 10/25 and we got the email with the portal info the next day.

@jglover Chem! How about you?

I applied on Nov 30 and still hadn’t gotten the email to set up the portal, so I set it up myself but for some reason it hasn’t linked with my common app even though I used the same email as the common app one. When I open up the portal it says, “Already applied to USC?
Register for an account using the e-mail address you provided on your Common Application to access a variety of services, including updates to your application status.”

@kbn2015 Exact same problem with me!

@foodnetwork I applied to Annenberg as a Journalism major! :smiley: Are you applying for Communications or Journalism?

@akcvms1 Check your spam if you haven’t already—my friend was in the same situation!

For film (or I guess any application that requires a portfolio) if you submit 2 recommendations on slideroom, will the ones on the common app be added to your slideroom application to meet the requirement of 3?

@mangomadness Hey there, fellow journalism major! :slight_smile:

@moovyskool yes they do (or at least thats what it said in slide room!)

@futureauteur awesome, I assume you’re applying as well so good luck!

you too! @moovyskool we need all the luck we can get lol!!

Does anyone have “teacher recommendation” under their Received Documents section in the youSC portal? I’ve heard in the past this comes up in the list, but I’m wondering if it’s recommendations attached to the Common App or if it’s just for ones mailed in. One of my teachers was late submitting their recommendation for me through the Common App (did it 12/4) and I’m just hoping USC will still read it. But recommendations aren’t showing up in my received docs list.

My D got an email at 6 am today (3 am CA time!) asking for her senior year coursework and grades. Application was sent on 10/25.

@chimley planning to go for business! the waiting is already killing me

@mangomadness @mintchipmagic same to you both, I applied to journalism… I’m super super nervous, but then again, who isn’t?? How were your applications? Did you guys do an interview?

Hey guys, been lurking here for a while but figured I’d make myself known since I submitted my application about a week ago.

I was just wondering when scholarships decisions come out, and is it possible to be accepted earlier than March without receiving a scholarship.

@CheekyNandos Scholarship decisions come out in January but you can still receive a 1/4 tuition scholarship and below if you hear back after January. I don’t think you can be accepted early without a scholarship but I’m not 100% sure.