***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@CARacing I’m applying to Marshall and haven’t heard anything, last name is in the beginning of the alphabet so if it’s alphabetical that wouldn’t make sense.

Mine hasnt been updated. I applied to Viterbi and Last name starts with L. I live in alabama and haven’t received a package yet either. I dont know if that means anything…?

@llewengineering haha yeah really hoping it means something good…

@llewengineering I live in Alabama and I haven’t received the package yet, but my portal changed to an admitted status just now

I mean this is getting really really fking annoying.

No change for me still…

Wait actually jk… deferred reg admission :frowning:

Im in Vieterbi, last name starts with I, nothing yet

can someone please describe how an updated portal looks like?

@curious_ It totally changes. You’ll have a bunch of new options on your main page for signing up for interviews, etc. If you get in. If you don’t get in, you’ll have a letter under messages after you click on the link to check your application status.

Still nothing!! They must have learned some really great techniques at that how to torture applicants retreat haha

Sadly, I just received this email.

Dear (Student),

I am sending this update to first-year candidates who submitted applications by December 1, the deadline for USC merit scholarship consideration.

Scholarship Selection
Nearly 32,000 students applied in time to be considered for USC merit scholarships. We have offered admission to approximately 1,200 students who will proceed to the next phase of consideration for our top awards: the Mork Family, Stamps, Trustee, and Presidential scholarships. (Student), I am sorry to say you were not selected for further consideration for these awards.
This notification only applies to the scholarships I mentioned. You will still be considered for other awards, including but not limited to those listed on our Scholarships page. I encourage you to apply for financial aid if you have not already done so. Visit the Financial Aid website for application instructions. Also, if you are admitted, named a National Merit Finalist and select USC as your first-choice institution, you will receive a USC Presidential Scholarship worth one-half tuition.

Admission Selection and Notification
Your application is still being considered for admission. We are planning to offer admission to more than 7,500 additional first-year students. We mail notifications in late March so you will have it by April 1. I am grateful for your patience as you wait for us to finish this difficult work.

Mid-Year Reports
If you or your school counselor has not already done so, please submit your mid-year report: your final grades from the first term of your senior year. You can report them online at you.usc.edu, or your school can send them to us.
We wish you the best of luck. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us online or at (213) 740-1111. Thank you for considering USC.

I just received an update saying that I did not get it.

Has anyone WITH a scholarship had their portal update?

@jiffy43 Did your portal update or did you just get an email?

And that same message can also be found in the portal through Admission Status. It’s called “Information About the Scholarship Process.”

Think all of us who still got nothing will be deferred.

@CARacing Both just now

I still have recived nothing… im starting to even wonder if i was considered b/c my portal looks weird, but i know that i submitted my materials by december 1st. Where can i find a confirmation of that?

what do you mean by weird? actually now that you say it i dont see anywhere where it says i applied by the 1st :confused: