UTulsa Admissions Class of 2027

This Thursday’s the date for decisions in Early Action 1 (December 15th). My son’s a NMSF with Tulsa as one of his top three choices. Something potentially interesting early, though: In the Tulsa portal my son now has a TU Net ID and a TU Email Address, which he didn’t on Friday. May be a sign he was accepted?

2 Likes

Looks like Tulsa got wise, that section with the email/Net ID seems to be taken out completely from the application portal this morning.

Son’s portal stating his admissions decision is ready to view! Also received an email. Waiting for him to get home from practice to open. Good luck everyone!!!

1 Like

My son checked his portal – accepted!

Accepted!!!

1 Like

Congratulations - my son accepted as well. I also thought it was going to be tomorrow so the email was a nice surprise.

1 Like

Does anyone know whether EA2 is rolling acceptance?

Based on the experience with EA1 and the short EA2 timeline, I would guess it’s not rolling. But I’d call them in the new year to find out for sure.

Thanks. The admissions page lists EA2 decisions by February 15 with regular decision notifications beginning on February 16, 2023. Was hoping that EA2 might be out in January but will reach out after break.

Did anyone interview?

My son didn’t interview – he felt pretty safe as a NMSF when Tulsa’s been actively recruiting them. He did do all the optional essays though, which felt to him less optional then the interview.

Appreciate the insight. D is also a NMSF, which made her really look into Tulsa and it seems like a good fit. She did the essays and if important will try to interview if she can work out the scheduling. Planning to visit in February and hoping to have a decision before we start booking things :slight_smile:

1 Like

We did book flights before my son was accepted for the upcoming Tulsa Time in February…but on Southwest, which offers nonexpiring flight credit if you cancel your travel. (Admittedly not the best time for me to be extolling the virtues of Southwest!) So if he wasn’t accepted (which we fully expected him to be given their NM push), we had an out.

1 Like

Did your son do the admissions essays? Or the special program essays for honors and leadership program? My son did the admissions essays and interviewed but didn’t do all the special program essays. Also NMSF.

For Honors and Leadership, my son received an email a couple weeks ago about Tulsa special programs with the following:

“NOTE: As a National Merit Semifinalist, you have already earned admission to the Honors Program and Leadership TU should you wish to participate. You do not need to apply for those programs. Submit TU’s Special Program Application for all other programs besides Honors and Leadership TU that you would like be a part of at TU.”

So fortunately he didn’t need to do essays for Honors and Leadership – good thing, because he’s a little essayed out. For the regular Tulsa application, he did all the essays but not the interview.

3 Likes

So Early Action 1 folks, did your students’ decision come out right on the “decision by” date? Or a bit earlier? Awaiting the EA2 decision. I wonder how many NMSF applied.

1 Like

I think for EA1 they all came out on December 14th, so not super early.

Per admissions office - unofficial release date 2/1

2 Likes

We haven’t heard anything yet. How about you?

1 Like

Just heard. Good news :blush:

1 Like

Us too! Congrats!

2 Likes