UVA EA 2026 thread

Congrats to your son!

My son was rejected from DC Public School.

3.95 GPA
1560 SAT (800 ERW/760 Math)
7 APs/8 Honors/5 Engineering classes
Class VP
Robotics Team Leader
Civil Air Patrol Officer
1st grade tutor
Volunteer at school and local library, local historical society
Varsity baseball, hockey, sailing

OOS (SC)
3.92 UW
4.99W
Engineering
13 AP
Extensive EC
4 year varsity (football/lacrosse) - Captain senior year
1480 SAT (760 Math/720 R/W)
No legacy

Accepted

2 Likes

Do the emails look different based on acceptance or rejection?

Says the one who said “Did not think that choosing between all these schools(Harvard/UVA/Michigan would be so hard.” I can’t imagine how hard of a situation you must have right now lol. Maybe don’t be so pretentious

21 Likes

ACCEPTED OOS.
White Female
SAT: 1540
GPA: 4.0 UW, 4.84 W
Great EC’s, good common app essay, a bunch of prestigious service awards, pretty okay UVA supplements. I’M SO HAPPY!! I was deferred from Penn, Northeastern, and Michigan and Waitlisted at UNC so this is amazing news! Congrats everyone!

8 Likes

Accepted OOS to the School of Engineering & Applied Sciences!
4.0 UW/4.94 W
1570 SAT, 36 ACT, 14 AP’s
Solid EC’s & Good Essays (My favorite essays by far!)

4 Likes

My son hasn’t gotten an email yet- it just says on his main portal page that an update was last posted 2/4/22. And then you click “view update.” Good luck!!

Being a prospective Engineering Major is Brutal this year! You will do great!!!

I am not sure you can assume that–at the top private I know as well as a top public magnet, about 1/3 of the top kids do not apply to UVA. Its only 2 schools but still, there are many other Virginia schools that likely have a similar mix of students that would not apply to UVA.

Guys does email look different based on acceptance?

I can’t open letter atm so I’m trying to figure it out lol

those are great stats. don’t let any of these school’s decisions get you down.

Yes, I think he will succeed wherever he ends up, but I didn’t think he would get rejected or deferred by all his reach and target schools so far with his stats. Hope he can land one of the deferrals.

3 Likes

S22 deferred
OOS
4.6W / 3.95UW
36 superscore
9 APs

Congratulations on your Outstanding Accomplishments!! Whatever your destination… Wishing you a great college future and beyond!

Do all the emails say this:

An update has been posted to your [MyUVA Application Portal]

Pin: (password already established)

Best wishes,

Office of Undergraduate Admission
University of Virginia

Go on the premed threads here. It all depends. I placed out of calculus and Chem and went to med school just fine as did many of my classmates and I know that is possible at many schools including the ones you mention. You typically do have to take an upper level Chem year /and maybe biochem and more math–but premed advising is excellent at the schools you mentioned and likely the vast majority of schools that send a good amount to med school. Worry about that later: many premeds change their mind after the first yr or two of college.

2 Likes

Yes, Great students are successful no matter what school they attend. In other words…The students make the school and not the other way around!! Again, Best of luck to your son!!!

2 Likes

Thanks, your son’s stats sound better than mine’s, but out of state. My son’s regional science fair awards probably helped him too.