UW-MADISON TRANSFER FALL 2020

NVM for my previous reply. But does anyone else have items missing for your application but you know you have submitted them? I’m just nervous I won’t be considered for admission because of it.

Hi, I am glad to apply to UW Madison with a major in CS for fall 2020.
I am an international student going to a four-year college in NY, and it is my first time to apply as a transfer student.

• GPA: 3.9/4.0(34 units)
  • Course Breadth:
    • three CS courses
    • two math courses
    • English Composition I
    • Physics I w/ lab
    • Chem I w/o lab
    • Informatics course
  • SAT/ACT: Not Submitted
  • TOEFL: Waived
  • Rec. Letters: four letters(ENG/CS/MATH professors and my general manager who I worked together with during my internship in my country)
  • EC:
    • Two years of internship as a programmer in my country, South Korea.
    • Volunteer(Environment Conservation) during my high school years.
    • Dean's list every semester(College)
    • Vice president in my junior high school.
  • High School GPA: 2-2.5/4.0(I went to a competitive school where even students with a high score got 3.0/4.0)
1 Like

did you submit it before the deadline? if so, you are fine. im assuming you did regular decision if it still says it is missing

@plzhelp617 yeah, I did have them sent the first week of February and I am regular decision. I called them though just to check and they said it takes a while for them to update the task list.

1 Like

@TransferGuy08, it took me a while for them to get off of the “to do list.” If they don’t come off there in a couple of weeks, UW will send you a recovery email where you type in your tracking information because they most likely lost it or misplaced it. I had to do this, and after I sent in that recovery email, they found the missing transcript within 24 hrs, and they got it taken off the list.

Hi guys! If any of you are looking for a place to rent for next year I am subletting from August 2020 - August 2021! It’s one bedroom in a 3 bed 2 bath apartment with two other female roommates. The apartment is located at college park, which is really close to the business school. Rent is $830 a month plus utilities. Send me a text at 9205308344 if you’re interested!

Hey guys. So UW-Madison has suspended all in-person classes for the majority of the remaining spring semester… so do you guys think this will also affect our admission decisions and when we find out?

Not wholly correct. The announcement was no in-person classes for 2 weeks following spring break. The matter will be revisited at that time.

I don’t know about UW-Madison, but for what it’s worth, I’ve heard other schools are stopping classes, but the campuses are largely still functioning as usual.

My son, OOS Chemical Engineering major, just got notified via email of acceptance.

1 Like

I was unexpectedly admitted today!!! Thought it would come at the end of the month! MN resident.

1 Like

Yes I was admitted today as well, so excited!!

1 Like

Admitted today for biochemisty. So happy :smile:

1 Like

Admitted to Letters and Science! So happy

1 Like

I was also admitted! I am so excited

1 Like

Strangely enough, I received absolutely nothing last night - no acceptance, deferral, or rejection. Everything on my student page still looks the same as ever. So I don’t know if they’re releasing decisions in waves or, since it seems most (if not all) of the accepted people so far are OOS, if Wisconsin residents will receive a response later than the others

1 Like

Did you do priority decision? You can check your application to see if it says priority or regular.

1 Like

@BenTheZen , fwiw my son, who just got his acceptance applied at the 2/1 priority decision deadline.

1 Like

accepted L&S Econ
California Community College
3.71 GPA

1 Like

Does anyone know when RD applicants should start hearing back for decisions?

1 Like