UW-Madison

<p>I applied to UW-Madison on 11/1/13 and am still waiting for an admission decision. Today I got an e-mail from them telling me to send my semester grades in. The student center web site says that my application is under review yet. How long does this take to hear back?
My ACT 24 with writing score 8
MY GPA 3.94
Ranking 22 out of 330 students
What do you think my chances are?</p>

<p>Post on the UW board for broader response. I am parent of UW student. In our experience, admission result with these stats will differ depending on instate vs. out of state. GPA is strong, but sorry to say that ACT is unlikely to be sufficient for an out of state applicant. Instate with those stats could be postponed or admitted. </p>

<p>Students with pending applications are asked to send first semester grades. Admitted students who enroll have to send final transcripts. </p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>I am in state.</p>

<p>Does your school use Naviance? What does your GC say? There are plenty of kids admitted in state with similar stats, though they may be initially postponed. GPA and class rank are great, so those will help for sure. </p>

<p>Hang in there and keep your grades up – that is the one thing you can continue to control at this point, and you will have to submit first semester grades.</p>

<p>FYI - Daughter was accepted back in December. She also received the email requesting her first semester grades so perhaps this requirement applies to both pending and accepted applications.</p>

<p>Are you an urm?</p>

<p>The ACT 24 is low; can you retake it?</p>

<p>What is an urm? That ACT is my highest–scores were 23, 21, 24. Writing 8.</p>

<p>URM = Underrepresented Minority</p>

<p>Naviance isn’t common in Wisconsin as far as I know. I presume your gpa is UNweighted- ie no extra points for honors or AP. Be sure to have other schools applied to. One in four UW students will have an ACT below the midrange, with your grades it is possible you could be one of those.</p>