Virginia Tech Accepted Tranfer Students Fall '12

<p>It’s really, really, really unlikely you’ll get rescinded for a C. </p>

<p>I spoke with my adviser and he said that the only difference is if it’ll transfer or not (C- or less won’t transfer); admissions only becomes worried if it’s a severe drop in GPA or if it shows a harsh decline, like going from a 3.5 to a 2.7, something like that. I don’t know if that decline means from the most recent semester or from overall GPA, but either way, a C doesn’t mean much of a decline at all.</p>

<p>Thats good news… Thankx for the info…</p>

<p>I’m in the same situation, Painkiller. I have an exam tomorrow that I have an 80% in but the class is extremely tough and I’ve heard the final is very difficult. Worst case scenario I get a ‘C’ for the semester which would drop this semester’s GPA to like a 3.1 when i’ve had a 3.4 cumulative and nothing lower than a ‘B’ other than this course. Everybody think I’m okay? </p>

<p>I was freaking out about it but I’m pretty sure I should be okay, just like I think you’re fine, Painkiller.</p>

<p>With a sole C, you have nothing to worry about. </p>

<p>According to Tech’s website, if you get below C then you have to inform them in writing.</p>

<p>MominHaq, I know that the website has their official rescinding policy and it says that you will be rescinded for getting a grade BELOW a ‘C’ but in their acceptance packet there was a sheet included that listed other reasons that you MAY get rescinded for which included: getting a ‘C’ in a class required for your major. It’s so arbitrary and sketchy that it freaks me out, but I should be okay.</p>

<p>I didn’t get the packet. Did they send it via USPS?</p>

<p>I got it through USPS</p>

<p>I got it a few days after my acceptance, USPS…</p>

<p>VTtransfer7…i agree, i don’t like how the acceptance letter and their website say two different things</p>

<p>i just found out that i got a C in one of my classes and the rest of my grades are all A’s and one B but after reading their letter i’m still kinda paranoid…i’m sure it’ll be fine though!</p>

<p>Anyone with a C is perfectly fine. It’s hard to avoid freaking out but like I posted before, unless you had all A’s, B’s maybe some C’s and now have only C’s-F’s, you’re in the clear. That said, it’s taken on a case-by-case basis and you’re only on their radar if you have a C- or less.</p>

<p>does anyone know if they are waiting to receive our final transcripts to complete our transfer credit evaluation? because every time i click on “click here for specific details”…it just sends me to a link saying there is no transfer evaluation at this time?!</p>

<p>Mine is already updated… It takes a while…</p>

<p>So my buddy and I are both transferring in for the Fall semester and are looking to get a 4 bedroom apartment in Hunter’s Ridge, which will be very cheap, somewhere around $230 a month without utilities. We figured we might as well try to find 2 other transfer students to live with us to make the whole transition a little easier.</p>

<p>If any guys are interested in living with us, send me a personal message on here and maybe we can work something out.</p>

<p>one of my friends was going to live with three of her suitemates in hunter’s ridge…however, one of them backed out or something so i’ll be living with them next year</p>

<p>it honestly is pretty cheap and so close to campus, goodluck finding 2 other people!</p>

<p>How in the world are we supposed to make our hokieSPA account… I already paid the deposit like 4 days ago and dont know what to do now, can somebody help me out please thank you…</p>

<p><a href=“http://answers.vt.edu/kb/entry/1656[/url]”>http://answers.vt.edu/kb/entry/1656&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>If you still can’t make it, wait a few more days. It took me about a week for the money to be discounted from my account and another 3-4 days before I could make the pid</p>

<p>hey guys, I will be transferring to VT in the fall. I was wondering is there any transfer students majoring in business?</p>

<p>Thankx… I was waiting for an email the whole time lol…</p>

<p>i tried looking this up and found a little information but i thought i’d ask here in case anyone knew…</p>

<p>i’m receiving financial aid for the upcoming year and planning to live off-campus…does anyone know if you can use the financial aid to pay for the rent or anything like that?</p>

<p>As far as I know you cannot use finaid to pay for renting off campus.</p>