Virginia Tech Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Virginia Tech Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 15

2 Likes

Hi all… regarding housing, we filled out our housing contract, do we just wait now for a timeslot? We will be notified? I keep hearing different inklings about housing filling up? (we are RD). Thank you

FYI…I learned all we do is wait for our timeslot now in june

My daughter has not yet made a final college decision but VT is tied for #1 with a school that has not released decisions yet. What do you recommend in terms of housing? Will she be out of luck if she waits until the May 1st deadline? It is so stressful that all these schools are wanting housing contracts now. Need advice on how to navigate this!

Does anyone know the average class size for the lower level computer science classes at VT? My daughter is trying to decide between schools and this question just came up. Won’t be able to tour til April. Thank you!

Did you ever get this answered? We are in the same boat and trying to make a decision between VT and another school

Is there an official FB page for families of admitted students? Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by official, but join the one called Virginia Tech Parents. It is very well run by people in the know.

2 Likes

how can admitted students get connected?

There are a few different groups for admitted students on the different social media sites. My D has connected with some admitted students on instagram but there might be groups on Patio and Facebook too.

Would you recommend an LLC over regular housing? Which are the best overall dorms )with AC) and not too far from the “main” buildings?

Move in on Wednesday! Definitely getting real now

1 Like

And done! What a great college campus… it was my first time there. Now, I have a bet with my wife on when is the next time we’ll hear from him… the over/under is 7 days. :slight_smile:

1 Like