Virginia Tech Football Tickets for Freshmen

So today, Season Tickets went on sale for incoming freshmen and transfer students. In the c/o 2021 Facebook group, everyone is going crazy trying to create or join Seating Groups for tickets. The Groups have a max of 30 people in them. When you buy your season tickets, you have the option to buy them in a group (and be assigned a seat in that group’s section of the stadium) or to buy them individually. My question is, do people actually stand in their assigned seat, or once students are let into the stadium is it more of a free for all/ sit with your friends type of thing? It seems pretty weird to join random people’s Seating Groups before we even meet our friends at VT, so I was wondering if I should join a group or buy my tix as an individual.

Joining a random group of stranger’s seating group is literally the same thing as just going alone and plopping yourself wherever. Anyway, on east stands there is a lot of moving around, on North there is a bit less since there is less room so people are a little more territorial about their seat. You will make friends in your hall/clubs or whatever and sit with them most likely.

I think that you have to be invited to join a group - an email sent to your VT address. It was very challenging to get the group set up for my son and his group - after two long days, finally all is good and his ticket is purchased.