Virginia Tech Transfer 2013

<p>pball12 I have walter…It is definitely my hardest class too… I heard McGlamery isn’t too tough i wish i took his class instead</p>

<p>Oh it’s not tough at all! some of the readings can be confusing but we only read them occasionally.</p>

<p>@csmith46 & pball12: you two will surely get in hands down. You need at least 3.0 or higher to get into the competitive colleges in tech and a 3.5 or higher for definite admission. You two will see the Hooke bird soon most likely early or mid march.</p>

<p>@csmith 46: I applied to teach by the priority deadline which was January 4 with all my materials postmarked before then. If people had applied by then they would have heard by Feb 1. I got in with a 3.6 for pamplin so you should surely get in. One word of advise. They prefer you submit 2 semester of ur science, math, and English courses as freshmen. So try to take Cal 2 and bio over the summer so you don’t fall behind. Other than that. Your stats sound perfect for admission and you should at least hear with a letter to apply for honor as well after u hopefully get a accept.</p>

<p>@transfer136 yeah I was told two lab sciences, I scored a 4 on my AP environmental exam and that counts as a 4 credit lab science, so that with my current biology i should be set…I wish I could have taken calc two but they don’t offer a similar class at Radford. I also have AP stat credit as well… So I think I just need to take calc 2 if I get accepted</p>

<p>Yea. Remeber though that AP Stat is just stat 240 or 241-242 depending on how well you did on the placement exam. And virginia tech wants bus stat/qunaintaim methods 1&2. You can have you stat 241 replace the QM 1 but you will also need to take 2 as well as a key footnote to move on to jouinor classes.</p>

<p>Hokie bird!!!</p>

<p>Hmmm your last name starts with Ba mine is Br hopefully i’ll get one soon!!! but congrats!!!</p>

<p>Thanks! Although I don’t know if they read the apps based on last name. I think it has to do with when you applied, the major you chose, and your regional admissions officer. Some people just get their work done more quickly than others. And in case anyone was curious: Freshman at VCU, 3.6 gpa, English major.</p>

<p>Hey y’all, I just applied to Tech on Friday, to try to get into their Biochemistry program! I go to VCU but they don’t offer it biochem here as a major :/. I hope to get into Tech because I worked hard on the application! Anyway my stats are listed below.
Year: 2nd semester freshman at VCU
Major: chem/ minor in Bio
Credits: 17, 21 overall.
GPA: 4.0
Involved in a few extra curriculars and work part time.
I wrote an honest and passionate essay so hopefully things will workout for all of us!</p>

<p>Sooo many VCU transfers. We should have a support group.</p>

<p>VCU<tech always. People always transfer from VCU to Tech all the time and are a big number in transfer application. RAMs seem to be doing something wrong to have people become Hookies</p>

<p>What does having a hokie bird on your application mean?</p>

<p>Its the picture of a hokie bird and says processing your credits. Anyone who has gotten this symbol, they have gotten accepted. I have yet to find a circumstance in which they have been rejected</p>

<p>Hokie Bird!!! Got it today :)</p>

<p>Congrats! Hopefully that means they will send out the official acceptances sometime early march.</p>

<p>@Techforever Congrats!!! what were your stats?</p>

<p>@pball12
2nd Semester Freshman
In-State
Political Science major
1st Semester
Statistics: A
English: A
Geology: A
National Politics: A
Involved in many EC’s</p>

<p>Oh nice!!! I’m a political science major too! Im anxious to see if I get a bird soon on my App!</p>

<p>Well good luck! I just need to actually get word that I got in before I start getting excited aha.</p>

<p>I wouldn’t worry about it too much! I’ve only heard of admission and not denial from getting the hokie bird. But congrats to you!!!</p>