Virginia Tech Transfer 2013

<p>@TechForever how long ago did you send in your papers?</p>

<p>@Firefighter22 I had all my papers in by Feb 4th, but I sent in my app around the third week of Jan.</p>

<p>Does it always show when they are evaluating your credits (with or without) the hokie bird because I had my App in on 12/28/12 and my transcripts on 1/07/13 and nothing on my application status page has changed! Does anyone else’s only say “This is a summary of the processed application that was selected.” and “PLEASE NOTE: The information on this page pertains to an applicant for undergraduate admission to Virginia Tech and the term for which that applicant has applied. Notation of the term in which the applicant wishes to enter does not indicate an offer or denial of admission.” at the top?</p>

<p>@pball12 yeah mine says that too … And I had my app turned in in early January … Don’t worry we still have a long time till may… My guess is that they break the apps up based on location and major…</p>

<p>Yeah true! But I’m a Political science major and I have seen a couple people for political science get the birds and have their credits evaluated :confused: But I just want mine to change already! hahaha</p>

<p>@pball12: don’t worry if you have good stats then you should be fine especially if you just got your things turned in early January. I had the hokie bird on my status page a week after I had submitted everything and have not seen my transfer credit evaluation be completed at all. ( and I have been admitted to the university as well.) I just say give it until march -April and if you don’t see anything then start to worry.</p>

<p>@transfer136 You’re right! I’m just too anxious!</p>

<p>i applied last year for Fall 2012. I believe they tell in-state students first, then out of state. And different admissions counselors handle certain applications depending on your major of where you applied.</p>

<p>@ Jangelos12: I don’t think that is true. Cause I applied for fall 2013 and was accepted as a selective out-of-state student. Even though I am instate admission messed up my app and put me as out of state and was accepted for it as well. So they basically get to all the app depending on what the system decides to show up first.</p>

<p>@transfer136 are you a community college, because I’m pretty sure they find out first and then four year institutions</p>

<p>No if you made it by priority deadline everybody finds out the same cc and 4 year institution. I am from a cc. But virginia tech didn’t even look at that cause I was selected as an out of state student and live in VA and go to vccs. That how I know they admitted people all the same.</p>

<p>Out of state students can attend community colleges…so your residency doesn’t matter.</p>

<p>Hey! I’m a Radford student as well, and I sent me application in early December, and the semester transcripts the day after grades were posted, so about late December. I got the hokie bird on my application 7 weeks ago, so i’m just wondering when students (not in early cc) will start to find out. If anyone knows? I’m hoping it will be soon, because the anticipation is killing me!</p>

<p>@melissathayerrr what were your stats? and I heard they will send the first acceptances out at the end of February or early March</p>

<p>@csmith46 I have about a 3.2, and finishing up my last 2 gen eds this semester. I’m applying for the English department.</p>

<p>@csmith46 Did you get that information from admissions with regard to when the next wave of decisions will be coming?</p>

<p>@melissathayerrr what year are you? I’m at radford too applying for political science</p>

<p>@techforever No but based off of past years there are roughly three waves…one typically being late feb early march…the next end of march beginning of april…and last end of april may 1st</p>

<p>@pball12 i’m a sophomore. What about you?</p>

<p>@melissathayerrr I’m a freshman!</p>