Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2016

Mine said application denied from last fridays releases. Now it doesnt have a decision next to where it says application decision. Thats wierd?

I can’t take waiting any longer

You guys know what happened in my situation? Maybe they’re reconsidering?

@owenp33 your best chance is to call Tech and ask them

So I am thinking we will still get another round of transfer decisions before March is over. Is anybody participating in the 2-3 engineering program with Tech?

Just thought that I would point out that I didn’t and still don’t have the hokie bird on my account. I was accepted two weeks ago.

I think I read from last years thread that they did away with the hokie bird. So you won’t ever get it on your account.

Hi I’m a transfer student from nvcc. I have a quick question here. Will the decisions be released on the application status page? And is there a designated space for it? Because I have been looking and there is no place for the decisions. Also, are we supposed to be able to log in to hokie spa??

@shiica95 Yes, the decisions will be released underneath the box that says admission type. There should be a blank box underneath the admission type box that will be where they announce their decisions. Did you do the special application for vccs or just the regular transfer application? I do not know the answer to the last question.

@hokiehopes I look but there is not empty box underneath the admission type. It just goes to next section which is the requirements. That’s why I’ve been so confused about where to look for the decision. And no. I only did the regular transfer application.

https://twitter.com/ur_a_wizardSAM/status/710998037389295616

it looks like that, you won’t miss it

I just called one of the admissions advisors and if you give them your name, they’ll chance you and explain how they look at your application. The lady told me what credits would transfer for me and that they have already reviewed my application once, so she recommends that I send my mid-semester grades and then a decision should be made soon.

I don’t understand why they hadn’t asked me for my mid-semester grades before though, like why did I have to call to find that out???

It’s not fair that people aren’t getting decisions because we didn’t know to send in mid-semester transcripts when they never told us…

@sherbertt I sent my midsemester grades in awhile ago and I still haven’t heard back

I called in today to see if I was in the same situation and the guy said they haven’t made a decision. I was like, so I don’t have to turn in my mid-semester grades? And he said, no. However, the guy I talked to sounded like he wasn’t too happy to be at work today. He had a case of the Monday’s. Probably the least professional and personable person I’ve talked to at VT.

Each day that goes by I get more worried.

@sherbertt In the guest portal, under the requirements, was there a space for final UG transcript?

@sherbertt They will only ask for grades if they need them. If they ever need anything they will email you, so just be sure to check your email regularly (including spam).

Everyone ignore my freak out session, lol. I’m not sure for other colleges, but I received an email today saying that my application decision is on hold until they get an unofficial email with what my midterm grades are. I applied as a Crim major, but I know someone who is also transferring from MIT for engineering and he got an email as well saying all he needs to do to receive his decision is for us both to talk to our professors and get a rough idea of what our grades are currently and email them to Tech ASAP!

@Justspeed27 this is what the lady told me, hmm. I would call again and see if you can talk to someone else because I called two different times and both the ladies were super sweet!

…To complete our review of your transfer application, the Admissions Committee has requested that you submit your mid-semester grades. Your application has been placed on hold pending receipt of these grades.

You should email your mid-semester grades directly to me by March 29, 2016. Once you receive all of your grades, please list the courses, course numbers, and grades in one email and send it to me. We do not need any written documentation from your professors.